Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba servo problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 11:51 PM
Ground Zero-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba servo problem?

I was setting up the trows on my new Cap when I noticed that one of the new 9202's on the elevator seems to 'chatter' during its movement and has a problem centering and hitting its end points accurately. Not every time but very frequently. There is no binding of the surface and the other elevator servo is working flawlessly. I will replace it tomorrow with another servo, before I fly it, but I was wondering what would cause this behavior?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 02-15-2003, 12:58 AM
JohnW
My Feedback: (6)

Could be one of several things, bad pot, bad amp, bad wiring connection to servo motor. Best thing to do is send it in for repair.
Old 02-15-2003, 01:57 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I have this same problem on one of my planes. It doesn't seem to bother the flying or handling. It is stiff but does oscillate some.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Double check the connections on the extensions. You are using at least 22 gauge wire on them aren't you? Any high resistance due to to small a gauge wire or cheap connectors can cause this symtom.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:52 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you using two different channels and using coupling?
Old 02-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I use 22 gage wires on my connection and have swapped channel 1 and 6 and it problems stayed with the servo. The only connection that was not eliminated was the one on the servo lead.

On my new plane, I just repaired a similar connection with my new Carden and found that the brass pin was clinched to the insulation and not the wire. It gave me a very intermittent connection.