Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver pack batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 06:53 AM
speedcrazee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver pack batteries

I have recently replaced my upgraded my receiver power with a rechargable pack (Ni-MH). The connections on the new pack were different so i had to solder a male end onto the receiver power wire. The problem is that the wires are running incredibly hot, even after few seconds. I noticed that the battery pack as well is running so hot that I cannot handle it. I'ver checked the connections over and over again to make sure that nothing is touching or loose. But cannot overcome this problem. Pls help.

Tx
SPEEDCRAZEE
Old 03-19-2007, 07:42 AM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Receiver pack batteries

The only reason that the wires and pack get hot is that there is LOTS of current running through the circuit. It seems unlikely that your receiver or servos are now short circuited, but this is one explanation. Unplug all servos from the receiver. then plug the battery directly into each servo one at a time. make sure you are lining up red-to-red and black-to-black. also plug the battery directly to the receiver (no switch). finally plug the battery into just the switch. One of these devices (servos, receiver or switch) must have a short in it.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:43 AM
chrisF test pilot

Default RE: Receiver pack batteries

Sounds like you have a short some where. I would take it completely apart and start over. The pack should never get that hot and if you try to use it could cause a fire, so you really need to track down whats causing it. Also some info about what its in may help to isolate the problem.