Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which mode???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 06:09 PM
JOHNBONE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which mode???

Well my friend (German) is a very good pilot and he taught me how to fly. Anyway as time passed I went and learned how to fly in Mode 2. Anyway my friend wants to fly my Extra 300 and I try to set up the radio for him but cant seem to do it. He flies as such...

Left Stick Horizontal (Ailerons)
Left Stick Vertical (Throttle)
Right Stick Horizontal (Rudder)
Right Stick Vertical (Elevation)

I fly....

Left Stick Horizontal (Rudder)
Right Stick Horizontal (Ailerons)

I use a Futaba9C and a Futaba 8 Channel Receiver but cant seem to set it up for him. Guess it will never happen.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:56 PM
strato911

Default Which mode???

Your friend is used to MODE 3 flying.

quoted from http://www.flyingsites.co.uk/newcome.../radiomode.htm
Mode 3
This control stick configuration has the rudder and elevator being controlled by the right stick while the left stick controls the ailerons (roll) and throttle.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:57 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which mode???

Plug your aileron servo into the rudder jack on your receiver and the rudder servo into the aileron jack. Next, swap all of your throw and mix adjustments from the rudder to the aileron and vice versa on the TX. Last, make sure the control surfaces move in the correct direction.

John
Old 02-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Tippie

Default Which mode???

Maybe I'm missing something here but the only difference I see between the two is the aileron and rudder functions are on different sticks. What's wrong with swapping the servo plugs (machs neich). Plug in the aileron where the rudder was plugged in and plug the rudder servo into the previous aileron slot. The difference between mode 1 and mode 2 is the detenting/non centering action of the stick (throttle). Mode 1, throttle on the right stick, Mode 2, throttle on the left stick. You can plug the servos into whereever it makes you happy. You fly what most US sport flyers use.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:29 PM
strato911

Default Which mode???

If you're flying a simple 4 channel plane, you can swap servo connectors on the receiver, but if you have extensive programming setup for the plane with mixing and coupling, that won't work.

I think JOHNBONE is hoping to switch modes without having to totally reprogram the transmitter.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:55 PM
JOHNBONE

Default Which mode???

I get it set up pretty close..

Left Stick Horizontal (Ailerons)
Right Stick Horizontal (Rudder)

The problem is when I work the elevation (Right Stick) the Ailerons work with the Elevation. And I cannot disable it. I keep trying but changing the mixes is not doing anything.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:30 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Which mode???

Sounds like you have elevon mixing enabled.

John
Old 02-16-2003, 04:24 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default radio

Back up here a minute I fly the mode your friend does it's easy to set up takes ten seconds. Here's how I have a 9c also--with TX turned off press the mode key and end key at the same time while still pressing turn on TX let go up comes mode and reverse menu there is mode 1 2 3 4 find which one will set up stick the way you want I think it is mode 3 or 4 thats all and nothing will be changed
Old 02-16-2003, 04:43 PM
jetranger-RCU

Default radio

Back up here a minute I fly the mode your friend does it's easy to set up takes ten seconds. Here's how I have a 9c also--with TX turned off press the mode key and end key at the same time while still pressing turn on TX let go up comes mode and reverse menu there is mode 1 2 3 4 find which one will set up stick the way you want I think it is mode 3 or 4 thats all and nothing will be changed
Old 02-16-2003, 04:46 PM
JOHNBONE

Default Which mode???

Oh my god! If that works I will poop in my pants...I need to go try it now. I will let you know!
Old 02-16-2003, 04:59 PM
jetranger-RCU

Default mode four

Johnbone I checked my TX you want mode 4 did you find it?
Old 02-16-2003, 05:38 PM
JOHNBONE

Default Which mode???

jetranger, YOU ARE THE SMARTEST, GREATEST, BESTEST!!!! It worked!!! Guess I have to clean my pants now. A million thanks.