Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C and Airbrake function

Old 02-18-2003, 04:05 AM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C and Airbrake function

How do I get the airbrake function to work on my 9 CAP. I am using 2 servos, one in ch 1 and the other in ch 7 set up in the differential mode. I try to actuate the airbrake function, but the only to options are INH and OFF, and I thought this function was linked to switch C, but in any position of the switch, the function does not work. Do the ailerons actually have to be plugged in for this feature to work? I wouldnt think so. Need some help here, need to get both ailerons full deflection up so when I land I have some drag.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:07 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fly,
You may need to be in flaperon mode to accomplish this. Either that or activate the Flap-Trim function. Hope this helps. If not I'll dig my radio out and see what I can do.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:35 AM
flyinrazrback

Thanks, I tried the flap trim, and that didnt help, switched the mode to flaperons, and that didnt work either. Dont know why it wont work, I had it work on a previous plane, but dont remember how.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:37 AM
Flyfalcons

Okay, that's odd. I'll check it out with my system and see what I get.
Old 02-18-2003, 04:44 AM
Flyfalcons

Fly, I just quickly set up aileron diff on ch 7, and wen to the airbrake mode and turned the mix to 'off'. When I put switch C in the down position, I got the servos moving in the right direction. This was just confirmed with the servo test function, not by setting up servos and a receiver. Do you happen to have any user mixes that have the LINK function enabled?
Old 02-18-2003, 09:41 PM
flyinrazrback

I figured out why it doesnt work, the "C" switch does not work, period. Tried everything, and then tried to set up dual rates to switch C, and it still doesnt work. Is there a way to turn off certain swiches where they will not work unless reactivated? I think the switch is broken.