Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HELP ME BOYS!!! FUTABA 9Z or JR 10X

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Bandit111
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME BOYS!!! FUTABA 9Z or JR 10X

I recently got into heli's after flying mainly giant scale airplanes. I have both the JR 10X and the Futaba 9 ZAP WC II. I am glad my Futaba WC II has the 3 type programing. My main question is, what is the difference between the Futaba 9 ZHP WC II and my Futaba 9 ZAP WC II. Someone please convince me to not feel the need to buy another radio for my heli's and just use the Futaba 9 ZAP WC II that I just got paid off. Thanks for your time and happy flying...

JC
Old 02-17-2003, 04:18 PM
Dyehard

The only real differences between the heli and airplane versions of the 9Z are;
1. The airplane version defaults to an airplane setup when you go into a new model memory, the heli version defaults to a heli setup.
2. The stick on the airplane version has a detented or ratcheted feel, while the heli version is smooth so you can hover easier (fairly easy to fix).
3. The default location of some switchs, such as the condition switch (idle up) and throttle hold switch may be different (very easily changed). The airplane version also has snap switches, if I remember correctly (I don't fly the airplane version) and the heli version doesn't.
Considering the differences are so small, I wouldn't buy a new transmitter just to fly helis. I fly airplanes, including fun fly versons that use several of the built in airplane mixes, with my heli 9z and I've never once thought about getting an airplane version just for that purpose.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:43 PM
Roquewj
My Feedback: (4)

I own a JR 10X and fly both my giant scale planes and helicopters.
It is much easier to program than any Futaba. I had both and sold all my Futabas. Now I only fly JRs.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:58 AM
PeterP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stick with the Futaba. Heli and aero are much to same except for a few switch locations. Also not sure if heli has snap direction switches on back.

The main advantage Futaba ZAP has over JR 10x is that flight modes can be activated via the 4 primary channels. For example a flight mode can be activated on full up elevator. (I use this for snaps). JR cant do that - flight modes only via switches.