Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6XAS... pros? cons?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 01:07 AM
lownslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6XAS... pros? cons?

Hi WreckRman2, Yeah.... going to a different channel would make sense........ except this happened at 2 different Clubs / fields, that I belonged to last year. ...lownslo
Old 02-21-2003, 01:15 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lownslo,
The 3001 servos are actually much better built than the 3004's. If you buy the PCM version for 260 you will get the very nice 138dp rx and 3004 servos. Might be worth the extra 30 bucks to get a first-rate receiver, if you are leery of the 127.
Old 02-21-2003, 01:27 AM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you run the antenna in your plane is it close to or touching any of the servo wires? Also is the rx wrapped in foam and tied down loosely to prevent it from vibrations?
Old 02-21-2003, 10:32 AM
lownslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no and yes !

WreckRman2, No...... about the antenna wire touching any servo wires. I hate spaghetti wires even in the home. Within an inch of leaving the RX, I route the antenna wire into a tiny plastic tube, bending or curving it to route it in a clear path to the rear. The tube is only long enough to "go around" radio gear, then the antenna is on its own. Oh for sure, about the foam around the RX. I use the red stuff Hitec sends in their flight packs. In all my planes I make a "retainer" of sorts, for a strip of velcro. I usually fashion a strip of light ply so it becomes a "miniature bridge". (for lack of a better way to explain). I feed the velcro strip under the bridge, placing the RX on the "bridge" of ply. It is a neat, secure package after the velcro strip is joined. I really like that Red cloth/ foam Hitec supplies. I wrap it the way I want it, and mark the connector outlet area with a pen. I then unwrap it and cut this part away. I replace it an have a clean, neat access port to plugs into the RX. Maybe this is common procedure ??..... but I have not seen it on most of the planes I get a peek at "boiler room"!! Of course.... I have only had this R/C addiction for about 2 years... so I am limited on my observations.
Can't wait for some nice weather!!!!....lownslo...