Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX-7 not linking occassionally on power-up

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 05:47 PM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX-7 not linking occassionally on power-up

has this happened to anyone? i turn on my radio, then turn on the receiver switches and nothing happens. no link is established and i'd have turn everything off and then on again. then it's fine. i know sometimes it takes longer to establish a link but that's not what i'm talking about. once in awhile it just doesnt establish a link at all, no matter how long i wait. i am able to duplicate this but it would only happen once every maybe 30 times or so that i power on. last night, i tried turing it on and off almost 70 to 80 times and i was able to get it to do this only 3 times. and it dosnt happen at predicable intervals. really weird......

if i have time i'll try to get to do this again tonight and possibly get it on video.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:16 PM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: DX-7 not linking occassionally on power-up

I have the same with my DX6. Only happens once in a while. I've read that the tx being too close to the rx when you turn them on is the cause.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:29 PM
onewasp

It is more a matter of getting used to new procedures than of any malfunction. This isn't 72 or 50MHz and it requires some time and use----but it becomes second nature like everything else new and different.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

hopefully it's b/c the transmitter is too close to the rx and not anything else weird. i didnt think it was anything "serious" either but after losing my plane b/c of a lockout, i'm just super cautious about everything now. i'll call horizon on monday and talk to them just to see what they say. i was just worried that since it didnt link on the ground, there might be a possibility of it "un-linking" while in the air.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Never had an "unlink" yet but of course you never know.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:25 AM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
This happened to me today, I turned on the TX, & straight away turned the RX on, no go.
It is not a problem because nothing works. So I turned the TX & RX off, & then turned the TX on & waited 5 seconds, then turned the RX on, all was well again.
I think the TX had not grabbed 2 channels when I turned on the RX, & so it didn't work.
I had always taken 5 seconds or so to turn on the RX before today, so I think that is the answer.
We have 3 DX 7"s in our club, so far, & 2 were flying together today, perfectly.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:08 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

My experience so far matches Alan's.... depending on the TX, and how soon it gets it's "channels" clear, I have found it best to wait a bit before turning on the RX switches. Despite suggestions to the contrary, I go "TX ON first" in my procedures, and so far things have been fine.

Must admit the first couple times the RX/plane just "sat there", it was a little unsettling. But - in every case - powering off, and giving the TX more time to sort out it's output has worked fine.

ORIGINAL: alan0899

G'day Mate,
This happened to me today, I turned on the TX, & straight away turned the RX on, no go.
It is not a problem because nothing works. So I turned the TX & RX off, & then turned the TX on & waited 5 seconds, then turned the RX on, all was well again.
I think the TX had not grabbed 2 channels when I turned on the RX, & so it didn't work.
I had always taken 5 seconds or so to turn on the RX before today, so I think that is the answer.
We have 3 DX 7"s in our club, so far, & 2 were flying together today, perfectly.