RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HELP!!! Radio problem

Old 02-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Deanoo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default HELP!!! Radio problem

Hello everyone, just wondering if there is anyone out there who is experiencing the same problem, or is it something I'm doing wrong??

I have a JR 662 radio which I purchased just recently. The problem I am having is that I have a giant scale Cap 232, in which I am using 2 servos for Ailerons, 2 servos for Elevators and one for Rudder.

Sounds normal.... until I program it.

I connect L.Aileron servo in AILE position on RX and R.Aileron servo in say AUX1 position on RX. I go to the mixing menu and mix AILE with AUX1 to 100%. No probs it works well ... until I have to adjust trim... When I adjust the trim settings on the TX, only the servo in the AILE position moves, not the other one.

Same problem with the elevator servos.

Second problem. What I have done is used Y-leads for both elevator and aileron servos. Ailerons work fine, but Elevator servos work opposite like ailerons. How can I have them work in the same direction?

Thanks !!!
Old 02-20-2003, 02:05 PM
roywiglesworth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i'm not a jr user but i fly futaba 8u & 9c and there is a link to activate that will allow the trim to work both servos i would guess
they have the same scheme i don't know what jr calls it i know they use a little differnt terms on there programing
roy
Old 02-20-2003, 10:36 PM
Deanoo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the reply roy,

Just found out that the JR 662 does not have true mixing capabilities therefore my only solution is to purchase a Matchbox or use a reversing y-harness.

...just incase someone asks you again!!!!
Old 02-20-2003, 11:10 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Deanoo, the 662 is limited because it is at the budget end of the computer Tx, but it will do at least some of what you want if you program it properly!

To have 2 aileron servos you do not mix from aileron to aux1. What you have to do is enable the flaperon wing mixer. The switches for the wing mixers are in the special menu that you access by holding down certain buttons while switching the radio on, as you do to get into the menus to change model. Scroll through those menus and you will find one that is the wing mixer, it will hopefully be at the factory default of WNG.OF, which means wing mixers off. Enter that menu and scroll until you get one that says FLP, that means flaperon wing. There are others in there like DLT for delta wings. Now go on into regular programming. There is a little hiccup, the flaperon mix includes both aileron and flap mixed in at 100% to start with. So the servos will zoom off to 100% flap setting which is near one end of their travel. Go to the travel screen, flap, and for both directions of the flap switch turn down the flap travel from 100% to 0%. Now you have 2 proper ailerons, trim will work and aileron differential will work, rudder to aileron mix for knife edge will work. Next hiccup is that adjusting aileron travel will adjust only the one servo hooked up to aileron in the Rx. I think it should be the right aileron in the ail socket, check your manual, for the differential to work the right way around. Anyway, to travel adjust use the dual rate switch in the high rate position and alter its value, both servos will travel adjust together. You can use the aileron travel adjust to fine tune the ail servo to perfectly match the aux1 servo travel.

Not sure about the elevators, perhaps there is another built in mixer that can be used but I think you can only enable one wing type mixer at a time.

Harry
Old 02-20-2003, 11:14 PM
Flyfalcons

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

HarryC should be spot on with this one. I don't own a 662 but have helped set up planes like this with the 6-channel JR. The radio should have Flaperon where you plug the second aileron servo into the Flap channel. Trim should then work on the ailerons. For the Elevators, I'm willing to bet that there is no TRIM option on the 662, so a reversing Y will be your best option there if you want trim ability.
Old 02-20-2003, 11:21 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by Flyfalcons
For the Elevators, I'm willing to bet that there is no TRIM option on the 662, so a reversing Y will be your best option there if you want trim ability.
I'd go along with that. Or of course move one elevator pushrod to the other side of the output arm, if the linkage angles allow it.

Harry
Old 02-21-2003, 12:25 AM
roywiglesworth

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

one other thing you could do on the elevator if you don't want a reversing y or match box and more then likly the rod will be at a bad angle just buy a futaba servo they are reversed from jr
it might make things simpler.
Old 02-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Deanoo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default THANKS

Thanks guys,

I will try the flapperon thing for the ailerons to start with, but I think I will just have to upgrade my radio. I want to get back into Fun Fly type aeroplanes anyway, and I will definetly need lots of mixing for that.