Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

NEW XtremeLink THREAD!! No Flames, Please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:55 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW EXTREMEME LINK THREAD!!!

ORIGINAL: chrisF test pilot

Probably not, as long as they are far enough away to not have any effect on the antenna. Something you might try is hold a paper clip or something similar over the antenna. If it is attracted to the magnets it is too close, if not there shouldnt be an issue.

chrisF test pilot:

Been meaning to ask. Have you got a job with XPS yet?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:12 PM
JimDrew
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We use magenets on a lot of our aircraft for the canopies and hatches, and there have been no problems. We did have one customer clip a talking timer w/magnet on the external antenna... THAT is a big no-no.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:28 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: JimDrew

We use magenets on a lot of our aircraft for the canopies and hatches, and there have been no problems. We did have one customer clip a talking timer w/magnet on the external antenna... THAT is a big no-no.
What happened? Did the airplane start marking the hour?
Old 06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

Ok,Jim. I got a lot of interest(and a lot of questions) when I showed up at the flying field with your module in my Hitec Eclipse.I emailed a link to your website to my club's webmaster,and had him forward it to all of the mailing list.I hope your get some sales as a result.
I imediately received an email asking "So,I can convert my 6 channel Futaba to 2.4GHZ? Am I reading this right?".I don't want to tell this person NO. Then I'd have to explain why.But I know that he can't just buy the module and plug it in(his radio doesn't use an rf module).
Your website does state "Support for all transmitters".What about the "Airtronics" user in my club?And the people with non-module radios? What answer should I give them??
Thanks, Jeff K
Old 06-13-2007, 07:52 PM
chrisF test pilot

Check the vendor forum on RCG, they are releasing a universal module that will work with any radio with a trainer port, as well as semi custom applications for Airtronics and Multiplex radios. So yes, they can all convert to Xtremelink
Old 06-14-2007, 12:27 PM
dmajchrzak
My Feedback: (17)

Maybe this was addressed before, but does XPS intend to make its own radio someday? Or partner with a radio manufacturer?
Just thinking that someday, most mid - high end radios will be 2.4GHz out of the box, which leaves XPS where? Since I've made the investment in an XPS systems (who-hoo! its shipped!), I'd like to see it hang around for a while, and it seems that to survive long-term, it would to XPS's best interest to partner with a radio Mfg. Just wondering.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:59 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: dmajchrzak

Maybe this was addressed before, but does XPS intend to make its own radio someday? Or partner with a radio manufacturer?
Just thinking that someday, most mid - high end radios will be 2.4GHz out of the box, which leaves XPS where? Since I've made the investment in an XPS systems (who-hoo! its shipped!), I'd like to see it hang around for a while, and it seems that to survive long-term, it would to XPS's best interest to partner with a radio Mfg. Just wondering.

Maybe But I still like the idea of a module system. You may want to use one 2.4 system for one type of flying and another for a different type...or just switch from say Spektrum to XPS and modules give you that flexibility.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 PM
chrisF test pilot

ORIGINAL: dmajchrzak

They have said previously that they are looking at samples to build a Tx. Not sure on when that might be, probably not any time soon. But I wouldnt worry, they will and my money is on that they will be around for a while.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:17 PM
dmajchrzak
My Feedback: (17)

4*60, Yeah, I like the module system too. I'm just thinking long term, if newer radios eliminate the module in favor of their own integrated 2.4GHz system, like they already are, this would definitely be trouble for XPS. Again, I'm a fan, I've invested in XPS, but lets take an example... Lets say I want a high end radio, and my choices are a Futaba 12FG with an integrated 2.4GHz TX, or some future JR box again with an integrated 2.4GHz TX... its not cost effective to get any other 3rd party system. So, my $0.02 would be, in addition to continuing the successful module / trainer port line, I hope XPS also talks with Hitec/Multiplex or rolls their own TX.
Thankfully, right now, I can still buy a module based 9C radio to run my XPS module.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:23 PM
chrisF test pilot

Actually from what I have been told the 12FG is a modular system, the photo that was in the ad with the antenna on top was a "representation." Until 2.4Ghz is truly universal in the sense that it is legal in all countries I wouldnt worry about not having modular radios, especially the high end ones. Except the 12FG all of the radios released to date are not based on modular designs.

Look at the new pic, the12FG actually uses the Futaba module. I believe the same module as the 12/14MZ.

http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk9200.html
Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Parkerm
My Feedback: (6)

[sm=confused.gif] Has anybody tried an Xtreme Link with a Gem 2000. I got my new module and reciever today, binding was no problem. But on my old ch 17 reciever I had a Gem 2000 plugged in. The new 2.4 ghz makes some of it's functions obsolete so I started not to plug it in at all. Then I thought what the heck, maybe I ought to ask. [sm=confused.gif]
Old 06-14-2007, 06:00 PM
chrisF test pilot

Havent heard of anyone, since you are right it really isnt necessary. They are good battery monitors though.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Jim Schwagle

Default RE: NEW XtremeLink THREAD!! No Flames, Please!

Ordered the Futaba/Hitec/receiver combo on Sunday evening 6/10, got an email Monday saying it had been shipped and found it on my doorstep (California) on Friday afternoon the 15th.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:41 PM
supertiger2004

Default RE: NEW XtremeLink THREAD!! No Flames, Please!

Can this XPS system stop ocational glitches caused from gas engine ignition systems? Ive allready paid for mine but it hasnt been delivered yet.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Parkerm
My Feedback: (6)

Can this XPS system stop ocational glitches caused from gas engine ignition systems? Ive allready paid for mine but it hasnt been delivered yet.
It's supposed to be above the range of any normal interference. So spark plugs, metal to metal contact, and other noise won't affect it. At least that's what they say. However, the instructions strongly suggest you keep the little antenna at least 2 iniches away from any conductive material. Wire, LG, CF push rods, switches, plugs, clunks etc. made my retrofit a bit of a problem. But I think I got it worked out.

Got mine programmed for low throttle failsafe finally. SO MANY steps. I had to start over 20-25 times before I finally got all the steps memorized. Range checking now. Will get it in the air on Tuesday if nothing (such as work) comes up.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:06 PM
chrisF test pilot

2.4Ghz is immune to certain types of FR interference as stated, ignition noise being one. As for not having anything conductive near the antenna, that is because having conductive near enough the antenna can change the tuning frequency. This is the case with any RF device, but due to the short wavelength and antenna size is much more critical than with 72Mhz. It is also important with the Xtremelink because of how the system operates.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:54 PM
supertiger2004

thats great news, i might start flying helicopters again. i never could get all the glitches figured out but now i wont have to. i can just worry about learning to fly a heli instead of replacing parts looking for the glitch.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Phil Heller
My Feedback: (9)

I don't know if this has come up before but my cardiologist tells me not to carry my cellphone in my shirt pocket close to my pacemaker/defibrillator as it could cause problems. I have had no problems for the past few years flying on 72 (cellphone in my back pocket.) and for the past month on 2.4 but if it is possible I would appreciate it if anyone has any knowledge on the subject.

Phil
Old 06-17-2007, 11:04 PM
chrisF test pilot

Dont know if there was ever anything definitive out of it but you might find this interesting.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ighlight=heart
Old 06-17-2007, 11:28 PM
MikeRuth

ORIGINAL: JimDrew

Go check your order status. Enter your order ID and email address. The email address that you entered in your order is the one that was used to attempt to contact you.

We have product in stock, and are shipping daily so there is no delay in getting your order providing that YOU give us the proper data.

We do not use telephone contact, this business is 100% Internet based.

When you do decide to become a full fledge company that actually uses a telephone, I'll reconsider your product.

that made my choice.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:47 PM
supertiger2004

It dosnt bother me if they dont use phones just as long as they will answer my email question fast. they would need to have someone there everyday sending out email and taking internet orders.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Foamaholic

Last night I put rested my antenna on my cell phone while pretty high and, nothing happened.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:14 AM
ezflyr
My Feedback: (32)

Hi,

Personally, I applaude your decision!! So long as the folks at Xtreme refuse to cater to the folks that insist on baby-sitting and hand-holding via telephone, the price for the rest of us can be kept as low as possible!! Bravo, man, bravo!!

John
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Phil Heller
My Feedback: (9)

foamaholic -

HUH?[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Phil
Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Foamaholic

Just an experiment to see if I got interference with the tx near the cell phone. Not a glitch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.