Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using 2 aileron servos

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Kirkyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using 2 aileron servos

Hey guys,

Am quite new into the hobby and am a little confused about a kit that I am looking to buy. It requires a servo in each half of the wing. I understand this is quite normal for some models, but am confused about how this works with the recevier. I currently have a futaba 147F in a model, and would like to use this in the new model, but now sure how to connect these 2 wing servos.
Any help appreciated people!

Thanks

Paul
Old 04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Using 2 aileron servos

You can do it two ways. The simplest way is to use a "Y" harness and plug both servos into that. Then that get's plugged into your receiver on Channel 1. The second way is to use another channel for the second servo. This could be any other unused channel but typically Channel 6. This channel would have to be "slaved" to the "master" channel 1. Meaning that Channel 1 will control both channels.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Kirkyboy

Thats great, I guess I would just have to attach the control rods opposite ways if the same channel used hey? But how do you slave channels? Is this done on tranny? Only using SkySport 6 so not too complicated!

Paul
Old 04-18-2007, 11:50 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kirkyboy

Thats great, I guess I would just have to attach the control rods opposite ways if the same channel used hey? But how do you slave channels? Is this done on tranny? Only using SkySport 6 so not too complicated!

Paul

You Can,t use two channels on your ailerons with that Tx, your only option is a Y cord as described above.

Yes your assumption that the servo output arms of each servo is pointing in opposite directions or if the servos are mounted on their side, each output shaft is pointing in
opposite directions (each either pointing to the wing tip or each pointing to the fuselage) is correct.

John
Old 04-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Kirkyboy

Thanks a lot guys, have just been reading about coupling etc and found my Tx can't.

Thanks for your help!