Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

both are fine

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 08:40 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR vs Futaba

Mostly, its just personal preference.

I'd go with Futaba over JR.

If you can afford it... go with the 9 channel PCM (or JR 8 channel) AND get the PCM reciever to go with it. Then, program the failsafe setting for the throttle at idle or to kill engine. (Hold is OK for the other channels... not for throttle.)
Old 08-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default Radios

I think its all personal preference, I have never tried a JR and someday I will but for now I'll stick with the Futaba, they feel just fine and have great features. I can't wait till I get the 9 CAP either.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:46 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default JR vs Futaba

Being in a rather larg club and often helping others, I have had a chance to use most brands. I find that all the current units are very good. I find pluses and negatives with each brand and I think that you have to make the deciding choice. Which ever feels best in your hands (they all give slightly different feels) is probably the one you should get. Some other deciding factors are; if you plan to use a buddy box, get the brand that you will be mating up with. Hiteck and Futaba are compatable with each other providing that you use the HiTec trainer cord. Airtronics and JR both require their own brand of trainer cord. I believe JR requires that both the trainer box and the master have their batteries installed while the others require that only the master be powered. Do be careful if mixing servo brands as the horns on each brand are not compatable; i.e. you can't put a Futaba horn on an Airtronics servo etc. Servos in general, all but the old style Airtronic servos, will mate with all brands of receivers. If you have already selected an instructor, I'd go with whatever brand he/she is using unless there are some serious reasons to do otherwise.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:38 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default JR vs Futaba

when do you think futaba or JR will make a 12 channel radio?
Old 09-13-2002, 10:34 AM
bignasdy

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default both are fine

I like jr and futaba. Never did like my airtronics, dont ask why, I juzz didnt. My jr almost lost my corsair when the trans battery suddenly failed,(I charged it all night and it checked out fine) while I was starting the engine. The jr meter shows signal output which will be strong, right up til the battery dies. The futaba shows battery condition, and I like that better than the signal streangth meter of jr. I like my jr better tho. feels better.
d