Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Radio compatable w/ Airtronics Reciever????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:38 AM
tmenold
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Radio compatable w/ Airtronics Reciever????

I recently purchased a Top Flight AT-6 Texan that was completely outfitted with Airtronics Servos. I was able to get a really good deal on an Airtronics Reciever (p/n 92765) at the auction that coincidently is on the same channel as my JR 6102 radio (Channel 52). The guy I bought the reciever from said that my JR radio and the Airtronics reciever are compatable with each other and that I would have no trouble with them. I will be all 6 channels in the Texan.

Can anyone tell me if this setup is compatable or could I run into some issues. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:40 AM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR Radio compatable w/ Airtronics Reciever????

JR crystals will not work in any other receiver but JR, I've had experience with this, I've been flying a JR 8103 for six years, excelant radio MUCH easier to program than Futaba.

Also, the JR transmitter is wired with a positive ground, can't use any body else's charger with it. I found out the hard way while doing some work on a friends plane and giving his trans a $145.00 charge with my Futaba charger and had to drive a sixty mile round trip on a Friday south of the S.F. Bay Area to pick it up.

If you use a JR radio as a buddy-box it must have in it a charged battery.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:59 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JR Radio compatable w/ Airtronics Reciever????

Careful! Yes the Airtronics receiver is positive shift like the JR TX, but if it's really a 92765 and not a 92765Z or Z type then check your servos. If they have the blue plug ends then you need a Z receiver. Or you change the ends on the servos and the wiring since it's different. Or you have conversion jumpers from the 92765. You may have gotten a deal because it's not a Z (universal connector) receiver.
Just check that you have a "Z" receiver(blue case) and servo blue ends or a non-Z receiver and black servo ends.

Assume crystal came with receiver and that you have your charger for the JR TX so the above post means what?