Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RD8000 and Quad Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
jmsilhy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RD8000 and Quad Flaps

Hi everyone! This is a question for Airtronics/Sanwa RD8000 System. I have a new Ultra Stick from Hangar 9 with quad flaps, and while I know this radio doesn't have the "Crow" function but I'm interested in knowing how do you guys have your setup, is there something interesting to do with 4 aileron servos and some of this system's mixers, flaperons or spoileron functions?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Rebsix
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: RD8000 and Quad Flaps

I posted this in the other forum too.

The RD8000 does have the CROW function. I've never had a need to use quad flaps, or even know how to use them but here's the info and you can go from there.

Goto "MSC". "BASIC" mode has to be off, Spoileron "SPOIR" has to be activated, then go down six keypresses for crow left aileron "CR-LA" or seven presses for crow right aileron "CR-RA"

EDIT:Page 53 in your RD8000 manual
Old 04-26-2007, 07:42 PM
jmsilhy

Default RE: RD8000 and Quad Flaps

Thanks! Will sure use that. However, I was wondering if there's a way to do it like the higher end Futabas and JR, the inner flaps go up, and the outer ones go down, while keeping the ability to work as "ailerons"...