Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX-7 Throttlr & Aileron mixing help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:21 PM
sbritton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX-7 Throttlr & Aileron mixing help

I need some help programming by DX7 with my plane. It is an electric conversion of a FuntanaX50. (e-Flite 60)

What I'm trying to do is mix the throttle to the aileron such that as the throttle is increases, the ailerons are slightly deflected to offset the torque generated. This is to keep me from havving to trim the plane differently for takeoff vs. other flight speeds.

So when the throttle is zero or low, I want the ailerons in the default neutral position. As the motor speed increases, I need a slight amount of proportional aileron offset.

I tried to use the mixing, but what it does is set the ailerons to deflect when the motor is off and slowly increase to neutral as the motor speeds up (opposite of what I want). I tried every combo of +/- with and without offset...etc...no luck.

Any ideas of the correct settings??
Old 04-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Default RE: DX-7 Throttlr & Aileron mixing help

Just a suggestion but putting a degree or two of right thrust in the motor angle should do this without any mixing. At low speeds/torque it would be noticed, but at higher speeds it will help.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:45 PM
sbritton

The firewall was built for a nitro engine and already has the thrust angle factored in. It helps some...but the ailerons are the only thing that makes it really work right (in my opinion).

You can look at it like a helicopter works...the more speed of the main rotor...the faster the tail rotor has to spin to compensate.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:02 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the tail rotor is RUDDER.