Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DC Vision Peak charger ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 PM
GO24GO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC Vision Peak charger ???

Hello,

I'm a newbie in need of knowledge concerning batteries in glo powered acft. I have purchased a Dynamite DC Vision Peak Ultra charger. The LHS seemed to think this was the thing to have and I've noticed a couple guys at my club field use them. My question is this: The unit comes with the idea that I hook it up to a 12V field box battery for charging operations (the instructions say I can also use a car battery). That seems a dumb way to run down my field box battery. I've seen one guy at our field who has done something to his such that he plugs it into a standard 120v outlet. Any thoughts on how I could rig mine up this way? I know I know, I should just ask him, but I don't know him and haven't seen him back at our club. From what I understand, I need to find a way to cycle my batteries down and then peak charge them. That sounds good, but now I need to learn how... Thanks for any help.

Andy
Old 05-16-2007, 01:53 AM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DC Vision Peak charger ???

I can understand your concern. I have a hanger 9 "Double-Vision", which is a lot like your DC Vision charger on my flight box. I only use it to peak my rc equipment while at the field during a long flying day, never to perform a complete charge. I also use a heavier MC battery in my flight box.

For normal overnight Discharge/Charge, I use either a Hanger 9 "Sure Cycle" or a Hobbico "Accu-Cycle Elite. Both will cycle my 6v rx packs.

The "Sure Cycle" is dumb and if you forget to disconnect, it can cook your batteries. Ask me how I know!!
I just purchased the Accu-Cycle Elite from Tower. It is AC or DC and comes with a large transformer included. I am cycling my first battery after figuring out the programming. The "Triton 2" from Tower appears easier to operate, and is also AC-DC, but you have to buy the 12v power supply separately for $89. You can also use the same power supply. Here is the link http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXL356&P=V

Don't use a car battery charger as a power supply. It will screw up the peak detection and could damage your DC Vision. These are probably other programmable chargers avail, but this is the scope of my experience.