Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FMA receivers

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 10:51 PM
flier19876
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMA receivers

I have been using Hitec receivers for a long time but would like to try a FMA receiver. Does anyone have any good or bad comments about them? I was looking at the Extreme 4 or 5 chan receivers on 72mhz.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:28 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FMA Receivers

I have 4 FMA Quantums on 6 meters (ham frequency) that I fly with my JR 8103 transmitter. I have them in everything from .46 size to giant. I recently picked up one of their old Interceptors and immediately put it in a 1.8 powered quarter scale Cub I was finishing. The range on all mine is very long and I have had no problems at all. I would not hesitate to buy another one.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:03 AM
Ben Diss
My Feedback: (23)

Default FMA receivers

I once tried a JR PCM receiver in a glider fuse made of kevlar and carbon weave. I got almost no range. Everyone said to run the antenna outside the fuse. Instead, I replaced it with a FMA Fortress, leaving the antenna in the fuse and I now get great range checks.

FMA is all I use in my gliders now. The Quantum and Magnum are even better than the older Fortress.

-Ben
Old 02-21-2002, 02:18 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Default Ham Frequencies

Let me add one more thing. On the ham frequencies, all the shifts are the same direction so a JR transmitter can fly a Futaba receiver. The FMA Interceptor receiver I picked up was being used by a flier with a Futaba transmitter. I checked with FMA and they told me all the ham frequency receivers are the same. I plugged it in, switched it on and it works like a champ.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:24 AM
flier19876
My Feedback: (3)

Default FMA receivers

Thanks everyone. I think that you've settled my thoughts about FMA. I think that I'm going to try them.

Frank
Old 07-10-2002, 10:47 PM
f2racer

Default FMA receivers

I'm in the market for a new RX right now. Currently I'm running one JR R600 mini 6-channel RX and four Hitec 3800 Supreme Shift RXs. I really like the 3800s because they are future proof as I just bought a Futaba 9C TX (I used to be soley a JR man, but the features of the 9C are great) and can still use them. I've heard some good things regarding FMA RXs. I'd like to know if there's any performance difference between the Quantum 8 and Magnum 8 RXs? They look to be the same size, but the Magnum are auto shift detecting, while with the Quantum, you've gotta pick a shift.

I know that with Hitec's shift selectable RX, you actually loose a channel compared to their non-selectable RX. All mine have performed very well.