Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

XPS XtremeLink and jet model...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:09 AM
S_Ciambra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XPS XtremeLink and jet model...

Hi,
XPS XtremeLink is OK or not for jet model?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Old 05-20-2007, 10:00 AM
chrisF test pilot

Default RE: XPS XtremeLink and jet model...

Darcy Wingo won Top Gun at California Jets flying Xtremelink. Several others have flown it in jets, basically it is good for everything.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:32 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Salvatore,
this is my experience,
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_57...tm.htm#5810575

joe
Old 05-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Gordito Volador
My Feedback: (1)

I'm not convinced that it is safe for one of my jets. I want to wait for the antenna issues to be worked out along with telemetry feedback of signal quality before I risk a $10k model on this one. There are just not enough of them in use yet.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:00 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

5 flights with it in my Roo and no problem(s)
Old 05-20-2007, 05:17 PM
GoeKeli

It was tried again here at LAjets this weekend. From what was said 2 times that it was flown it went into lockout on both flights. We may have an environmental issue in my area. When I asked for my money back I was declined. Enter at your own risk ghostrider and good luck. It worked perfect for me, Until it didn't. The DX7s are good at my field and we anxiously await Futaba's solution for 2.4 coming soon.

fly safe

joe
Old 05-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Thats too bad.....but thanks for the info....Ive been on the fence with XPS but Ive decided to wait until Futaba comes out with their 9C modules....Anyone know when that will be ? Tomorrow maybe
Old 05-21-2007, 02:54 AM
JimDrew
My Feedback: (16)

The only reported "lock out" was due to a Fromeco regulator that had chaffed wires. Luckily, the receiver reboots in 90ms in a low voltage condition. Although the jet was barely controllable, it was landed. When checking the voltage coming from the regulator, it was only 2.0 volts and the regulator was too hot to touch! The pilot told me that a single strand of wire from one lead was touching the other. The wire did not burn up like one might expect, it just rubbed against the exposed lead and caused this low voltage condition. Had this been any other receiver, it is highly likely that the plane would have went in.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:09 AM
GoeKeli

Then why did the plane fly for so long and so many succesful flight before the chaffing? Does XPS chaff wires?

OBO,
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=290249

joe

ORIGINAL: JimDrew

The only reported "lock out" was due to a Fromeco regulator that had chaffed wires. Luckily, the receiver reboots in 90ms in a low voltage condition. Although the jet was barely controllable, it was landed. When checking the voltage coming from the regulator, it was only 2.0 volts and the regulator was too hot to touch! The pilot told me that a single strand of wire from one lead was touching the other. The wire did not burn up like one might expect, it just rubbed against the exposed lead and caused this low voltage condition. Had this been any other receiver, it is highly likely that the plane would have went in.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:49 PM
JimDrew
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: Goekeli

Then why did the plane fly for so long and so many succesful flight before the chaffing? Does XPS chaff wires?
He said that we had run into this problem once before and it just went away, so he neglected to check it any further. The wires were chaffed at the regulator from rubbing on something.

Obviously, a radio system can not cause chaffing.