Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR XP7202 Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:14 AM
felixone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XP7202 Question

This is based on a post I made in the Beginner Forums, but thought I would put the question out over here too...

I am looking at buying a JR XP7202, however based on a post in the beginner section I have question about the mixing capabilities of this radio. Specifically the ability to run two servos for the elevator. I know that it supports what I believe they call Flaperon, which is 2 servos in the wing. I read through the manual but since I am new to a lot of this terminology I am not really in the best position to make this call. The information I have read makes me believe that it might be possible.

Since I really would like this radio to last me as long as possible this is something that would be very important to me.

If anyone can offer any assistance on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 11:29 AM
glasscock

Default RE: JR XP7202 Question

I own an XP7202. You can use a Y-harness to connect the two elev. servos, or use one in the elev. receiver slot and the other in Channel 6 or 7's slot and program mix. Very capable radio. The only complaint is the hassle to reset the flight timer, not just a quick one or two button push process. Hope it helps.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:54 PM
felixone

Default RE: JR XP7202 Question

That definitely helps...I am really looking to avoid Y harnesses as much as possible so being able to mix channels is really important.

As far as flight timer goes I have to admit I had completely forgotten about that feature. When I first started looking into a new radio that was one of the main features I wanted. Not knowing how long you have been in the air is a real hassle and danger for that matter. As far as resetting the timer being complicated I will have to go back and look over the manual again. However if that is the only complaint you have I am thinking I can probably live with it

Thanks for the great advice, it was exactly what I was looking for.