Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9C Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 12:54 AM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9C Help

Guys, could you please refer to the link listed below? No one replied in the Futaba forum yet, and I could use the help.

Secondly, could someone please tell me why the Futaba 9C transmitter I have says 9CAP, BUT the box that it came in says 9CAF?
The receiver says R148DF, which is the one that goes with the 9CAF.
BUT my transmitter says 9CAP.
Can someone please explain?

Here is the link to my other questions. Thanks so much for any help.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...01&forumid=150]
Old 02-28-2003, 02:26 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 9C Help

The 9CAP and CAF are the same transmitter, but different packaging. Both are capable of PPM or PCM operation, which is probably why they both say 9CAP. Not to worry; they all come like that.
Old 02-28-2003, 02:41 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Default Futaba 9C Help

Ditto to what Ryan said. Plus... when sold as the 9CAP, it comes with a PCM RX and when sold as 9CAF, it comes with a PPM RX.

If you want to run the other, it's a simple menu item and turn the radio off and on.

Mike
Old 02-28-2003, 02:46 AM
MHawker

Default Futaba 9C Help

As far as answering your other question, Yes, you can run a "Y" harness or you can use two channels. I think on mine, it's 2 and 6.

Sorry, not sure about the other part of your question. I think I understand what you're saying, but don't understand why it would go from 17% and then drop all the way. Could it be an EXPO problem? Like if you had a lot of expo, the first part of the movement would be soft and then it would finish out the rest very quickly.

Mike
Old 02-28-2003, 12:51 PM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Default Futaba 9C Help

Guys,
Here is my main problem that I could use help with.
I am using a Y harness with my two ailerons. Plugging into channel 1, of course.
However, I cannot figure out how to get both ailerons to trim out. WHen I get ONE side at the neutral position, the OTHER side is out of neutral. I know there is a way to adjust one servo at a time, but cannot figure it out. Could some one give me a step by step way to adjust ONE aileron at a time?
Old 02-28-2003, 01:41 PM
flynboy-RCU

Default Futaba 9C Help

If you're using a Y harness you cannot adjust each servo independently with the transmitter. Your only choice in that scenario is to trim one neutral then mechanically (adjust the clevis) neutral the other one. Is there some reason for not using two channels for ailerons? If you did then you could adjust each servo individually.

Joe
Old 02-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Geistware

Default Futaba 9C Help

As said before, the transmitter is the same 9CAP.
THE box will end in P if with a PCM receiver or F if it is a FM receiver.