Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

hitec digital "+" symbol?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 01:04 AM
Smokey
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec digital "+" symbol?

Does the plus symbol on the spline mean its the newer or updated servo? I have new 5645s dated march 2002 and it does not have the plus symbol. Can someone please clarify.

Thanks
Smokey
Old 03-02-2003, 02:17 AM
rm
My Feedback: (27)

As far as I know the only thing the + has to do with is the spline on the shaft when ordering servo arms. That's the only time I've seen it referred to. Updated servo programming is any past aug 2001.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:30 AM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

the "+" regfers to later edition metal geared output shafts that have a slightly different spline shape than the Nylon arms, and thus use a slightly different spline in the output arm. You CAN force a nylon arm onto the output shaft, and it will be rather snug, but it can also loosen over time due to not having quite the proper engagement. The "+" shafts will work with the older arms, but it is advisable to put a drop of blue loctite on the splines (not screw threads. .or you'll NEVER get the arm back off short of cutting it apart) to help fill in any voids and make for a better and tighter fit.

The aluminum HiTec arms are specifically designed to work with the "+" shafts.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:33 AM
Smokey
My Feedback: (16)

Thanks for the clarification..

Smokey
Old 03-03-2003, 03:54 AM
davey_flyer
My Feedback: (4)

one more thing - all my hitec digs came with the + EXCEPT the HS5735 1/4 scale - Kris do you know if I still get a + arm for this shaft or not?
Old 03-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

no idea about the "+"arm for the 5735 .. it might be the ONLY arm available, with that specific spline shape, so maybe hiTec does not see the need to differentiate???