RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9c mix for ailerons.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:41 AM
zen40

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba 9c mix for ailerons.

Howdy, I have a quick question, how do I mix two channels on my 9c to run two aileron servos with out using a Y lead? I am running 2 digi servos one on each wing half and each one runs fine when pluged into channel 1 but both through a Y lead quiver and twitch badly (why is this?) alone they are fine so do I mix a couple of channels to solve it.
I can run either a 6 channel FM reviever or 7 channel PCM. any help most welcome.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:49 AM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Futaba 9c mix for ailerons.

Zen,
Use the flapperon function with channels 1 and 6. Down load the manual from the Futaba website if you don't have one. Here is the link.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/9c-manual-v1_2.pdf

Dave
Old 06-03-2007, 01:31 AM
zen40

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Cheers
Old 06-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Campgems

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You may have the transmitter to close to the receiver, causing the chatter. The 9C, even with it's antanna colapsed can over power the system if it is to close.

Having said that, check out the plugs on the servo that is clattering. I'll bet you have a pushed pin on one of the cable ends. Mine only showed with the engine running. Mix problems will not cause the chatter.

You can go to the servo screen and watch what the servos should be doing as you move the sticks. When you have the mix set right, you will see channel 1 and 6 or 7 moving together. Once you have movement, then you can set up the end points dual rate and such. Dual rates will only need to be set up for "ailerons" but end point and sub trim has to be set individualy. Both servos will move in the same direction, so make sure you don't reverse one.

After you have a go at the manual, and you still have questions, drop a note. I have four planes setup with what you are trying to do.

First, find the reason for the chatter. One of the connections in the Y harness has to be bad.

Don