Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

just to make sure...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
bikz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just to make sure...

heya guys...i have read this before here but have not been in rc for a bit so have lost touch!

a)what shift are futaba receivers on? and do they go with hitec or airtronics?

b)does dual conversion mean that the receiver can be used in both high and low frequencies?

thanks
Old 06-11-2007, 10:59 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: just to make sure...

Futaba work with hitech receivers. Dual conversion has nothing to do with the Shift..
Old 06-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: just to make sure...

Hitec and Futaba are negative shift although some of their transmitters can be programmed to transmitt on either shift. JR and Airtronics are positive shift.
Dual conversion has nothing to do with high or low channels, it is the method in which the receiver decodes the information transmitted from the transmitter. Dual conversion converts the frequency twice, first to about 11.7 MHZ then again to 455KHZ. single conversion just immediately converts the frequency to 455KHZ before amplifieing and decodeing. Each method has its advantages and dissadvantages and can be equaly good or bad. You will find good receivers using either technique.