Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flight Network MaxStream 900MHz Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:10 PM
ncmerek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight Network MaxStream 900MHz Question

I am working on a flight network to fly an airplane autonomously. The flight computer is a Stargate with a MNAV sensor unit. I am trying to communicate with the flight computer with two recently purchased MaxStream 9XTend 900Mhz Ethernet modems. The problem I am having is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to connect the two Ethernet versions of the modems together. It calls for an Ethernet version and a serial version. I would rather try to use the two Ethernet modems since I have them already and would like to fly as soon as possible. Has anyone else had the same problem and found a way to get the two Ethernet modems to talk to each other? Thank you
Old 06-09-2007, 09:27 PM
chrisF test pilot

Default RE: Flight Network MaxStream 900MHz Question

From the experience I have had with these it doesnt matter what the interface is they will still talk. Of course they have to be programmed to use the same channel. Have you tried making them talk with the supplied software and loopback connector?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:49 PM
ncmerek

Chris, I thought exactly like you. The ethernet version seems to be the problem. The manual shows it can be attached to only RF RS-232 modems or OEM modems. The loopback connector was not supplied with these ethernet versions I tried chacking all the settings for the channels as well. Did you work with 2 of the RS-232 modems? Thanks for your help.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:25 PM
chrisF test pilot

Yep, all of the ones we had were RS232, but from my understanding of the documentation the interface didnt matter. Of course I never tried one of the Ethernet modems but that was the impression I got. Did you buy them from Maxstream or a Maxstream dealer? If you did they have great tech support that may be able to help you. All of the sets I got had software as well as loopback and some adapters.