Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Homebrew 9C to FM adapter for Realflight, help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 04:19 PM
sizam
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homebrew 9C to FM adapter for Realflight, help.

First of all, what was Futaba thinking with this new plug, jerks. So I have a 9C and realflight G2 with the transmitter interface which has the normal FM male plug on it. Nobody in town carries the 9C plug that you use with the Tx adapter and if I ordered it online I'd be paying more in shipping then what the adapter costs. So, I bought a 9C to FM buddy cable (which I'd use anyways) and am trying to connect the two male plugs together, but it ain't workin.
On the Tx adapter side, the FM part plugs into the tx-computer interface via a stereo-headphone style plug which suggests only two plugs are used. After some tinkering with my multimeter I determined that the outside shield, and the 2nd to the last plug (counting clockwise from 6 o-clock) are the only two that connect. I fashoned an adapter that connected the two shields and the two 5th plugs and powered up. I got throttle control and aileron control but no other channels or switches worked?! Whats up with that? Anybody try something similar?
Old 03-04-2003, 02:30 AM
Lynx

The Xmitter interfaces on the interlink controller only needs two connections, ground and raw PPM signal. It's odd that you only have control of two channels there's something wrong with your setup. There are a handfull of different settings you can change in the controller configuration (Airtronics/Futaba/Custom) and a bunch of others, try changing those settings and see whta you get. If you're getting two channels then it's obviously hooked up right via the hardware.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I was told that tower sales the new 9C to 9C cable for around $6.