RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

split elevators r127df / 9c

Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM
kneewhack

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default split elevators r127df / 9c

I have elevators plugged into 2 and 7, and am using pmix2. All is fine until I go to hi rate or from lo to hi rate - the travel is off by 1/4 inch or more. What is the proper way to set up split elevators when using a 7 channel receiver with a 9c tx. The plane is flyable as long as I set up lo and hi rate percent to be the same.

thanks,
Mike
Old 06-12-2007, 09:24 PM
A.T.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: split elevators r127df / 9c

ORIGINAL: kneewhack I have elevators plugged into 2 and 7, and am using pmix2. All is fine until I go to hi rate or from lo to hi rate - the travel is off by 1/4 inch or more. What is the proper way to set up split elevators when using a 7 channel receiver with a 9c tx. The plane is flyable as long as I set up lo and hi rate percent to be the same. thanks, Mike
Not uncommon when using a computerised TX to adjust incorrectly aligned surfaces.
Recheck geometry as well as radio end points & D/R. Make sure that you are using full travel in the radio and not turning the EPA or D/R down to get the desired travel... use the mechanical linkage for with the shortest servo arm possible. [If possible, the control horn length on the surface should 1:1 with the servo horn]. Check both halves travel full distances equally on a Y lead in one channel, so as to maximize mechanical and electronic advantage for the servo, then try with your separate pmix. Low EPA/D/R do affect the centering capabilities of any servo.
If above does not assist then the TX requires recalibration.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links