Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Micro radio pacs

Old 03-03-2003, 05:55 PM
IVCRASH
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro radio pacs

I have an Airtronics radio and would like to get into micro electrics. Can anyone tell me if the micro esc pacs that have JR connectors can be used with Airtronics "Z" connectors? I appreciate any info.

Thanks,

Ian
Old 03-04-2003, 01:44 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Micro radio pacs

You can use Hitec, Jr, universal, Air Z, and if your trim the flange off and round the bottom corners you can use Futaba J with the Airtronics Z connector.

I started with a Wattage Lite Stik that was on sale at Hobby People for $18.00. I then spent $40.00 on two servos, $20.00 on Cirrus Rx, $11.00 on crystal, $11.00 on Wattage 15 amp ESC, $30.00 on a 7 cell battery.

So a plane that cost me $18.00 ended up costing $130.00. I have not had so much fun with a little plane like this. I get right at 11 minute per flight with it.

Once you start going small, you will not go back for a while.

Dru.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:53 AM
IVCRASH
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrics

Thanks Dru,
I have a 1/2A Machnone that looks like it'd screem converted to electric. I think a speed 400 would work. I see they have brushless motors with a planetary gearbox. What would I have to do different for brushless? I have no idea what batteries to use. Maybe the Li ion batt would be best? Would I use AA or C & how many cells would I use? How long a flight should I expect? I'm using this plane as a quest for knowledge in the electrics. Lotsa questions. Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks,

Ian
Old 03-04-2003, 05:34 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Micro radio pacs

GWS makes a rec for airtronics. I used their stuff with my futaba and it is good. All the parts are tiny and don't weigh anything.