RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hobbico VoltWatch

Old 06-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Varad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hobbico VoltWatch

Hello I have a Hobbico voltwatch in both my rc planes. When the rx and tx batteries are charged and I turn the receiver and transmitter on the voltwatch light is fully green as it should be. However, when I move the sticks to work the servos, the lights on the voltwatch jump all over the place. The only time the voltwatch gives a clear reading is when the sticks arent being moved on the transmitter. Is this normal? I tried with another voltwatch and the same thing happens. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:14 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Hobbico VoltWatch

yes its normal
Old 06-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Campgems

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It is showing exactly what is happening, real time. The servos draw a lot of start up current which sucks the voltage down. This all takes place in milliseconds, and most meters will not see this sudden curent draw and resulting voltage drop, but the VoltWatch does. They are one of the best tools to come along in my mind. All of my planes have one on them.

Don
Old 06-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Rodney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As campgems says, that Voltwatch is telling you what is happening. If you are getting the lights flashing down more than one step, you have potential problems in your setup. That means that you have some excessive impedance in the switch wiring, to small a gage wireing in the system or some servos drawing excessive current. The Voltwatch is a great system analyzer for bad wiring, to small a gage wires, to much current draw etc.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Varad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Okay thanks for the help. I think my setup is normal and okay. I have a futaba 4.8 rx battery in a H9 Twist 3D .40 powering 5 futaba S3004 standard bb servos with hobbico servo extensions. When I move the sticks, it flashes 1-2 lights down so I am okay to fly right?