Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9C Synth module frequency problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 03:20 PM
acechat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9C Synth module frequency problems

Hello,

I recently was gifted a TP-FSM 72 MHz synthesizer module for my T9CHP Super transmitter. It was imported from Hong Kong and is marked "XX". An instruction manual that came with it says that this "XX" version can be used for frequencies from 72.000 to 72.990 (channels 11 to 60).

I notice that the module only works when frequency is set between 72.110 and 72.600 and not any frequency outside this range. If I attempt a frequency outside this range the RLF LED blinks once and goes off accompanied by a loud beep - the unit does not operate
after this. Within the range of 72.110 to 72.600 the unit functions normally without any problems. Question - is this normal or is my TP-FSM module defective? Is there any reason why the unit does not accept a frequency outside this range?

Regards
Ashim
Old 06-16-2007, 03:37 PM
carrellh

Default RE: 9C Synth module frequency problems

I think the dials are misleading. They are not the frequency (72.010 to 72.990). They are the channel number (11-60).

So, the first dial only functions on numbers 1 through 6 and the second dial is 0 through 9.

If you set the dials at 5 and 5 you are on channel 55 which is frequency 72.890
Old 06-16-2007, 09:31 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

I have the same thing and mine does the exact same as I just tried it. the module is not designed to operate on any channel above or below 11-60. which is the 72 mhz frecquency. the first dial is the 10 number and the second is the 1 number. so to select 57 for example you select 5 on the first dial and 7 on the second dial. I don't know why the pots are able to turned from 1-9 on both pots giving you the option to selext anything between 1-99
Old 06-16-2007, 11:59 PM
acechat

Hey, this explains everything!!

Thanks a lot carrellh and rccrazedman...!