RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New X9303, Which version heli or airplane?

Old 06-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New X9303, Which version heli or airplane?

Okay here's one for all you JR guys out there, or anyone else who might have researched this question...

As an about to be former Futaba guy...[X(] I've no experience with the JR radios but have backordered an airplane version of the new X9303 2.4 GHz radio and several rx's for my models. I fly airplanes almost exclusively, foamies to 33% size gassers with a dabling in the small electric helis.

While at my LHS yesterday I got a DX7 to play with on two of my models before the JR gets here. On the advice of the LHS owner, I went ahead and got the heli version since he indicated that there were more features along with a slightly different switch setup, and of course no throttle ratchet. It was also suggested that the heli version of the X9303 would be a better choice for those same reasons, only more so for the new JR radio. Now I've considered modifying my Futaba tx to get rid of the ratchet as some have done, but never got it modified. I've not had a chance to try the new DX7, but in setting up the stick tensions and lengths I think the smooth throttle operation is going to be something I'll like.

My understanding is that the programming is supposed to be the same between the two versions of the new JR radio, but there might be or are, differences in the switch placements and/or assignments.

So....

For a guy who is mostly into airplanes; what are the differences between the two tx versions, which one would you pick and why?

Thanks guys!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:30 PM
codimasta
My Feedback: (89)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: New X9303, Which version heli or airplane?

[8D]Well, lets see, outside of the position of the switches, there is no difference in the Aircraft and the Helicopter version.
Now I have flown Aircraft using the Heli version, without any problems...it is easier to fly an aircraft using the Heli version , than it would be flying an Helicopter with the Aircraft version. So I would say get the Heli version...if you will be flying Helicopters & aircraft.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:08 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yep the features/software is identical and I prefer the smooth throttle even for airplanes. Switch placement for aircraft flying is a non issue.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

In the rest of the world, we get the "standard" version as supplied by JR Propo. This is equivalent to the "Heli" set that you guys get. The firmware is the same regardless of Heli or Air version. What you will find is that on the XP9303, there will be a jumper difference so when the system is reset it "reboots" as Aero as default or Heli as default. So I would imagine that a similar system will be used on the X9303.

The Heli system uses a long flat 2 position biased switch for timer / snap roll whereas on the Aero version it is a pushbutton switch like that used on the 10X.