Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics Rx-Old or new Z connector compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:25 PM
swede-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Rx-Old or new Z connector compatible?

I have several Airtronics 92765/72band FM receivers(with black cases). Are these Rx's for the new Z connector, or the old style?

The servo plug in 'ports' on the Rx don't have the three tabs for the old servos connectors, but they are wide enough to accept both the old and the new Z connectors.

I'm afraid to connect a battery and plug in a servo, as it could cause damage.

Swede
Old 07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics Rx-Old or new Z connector compatible?

OLD!!! All the Z compatible receivers and plugs are BLUE plastic.
You can , however, swap the black and red wires in you Z plugs and use them in the old receiver. On the OLD style receivers, the ground (black) is in the center, pos (red) is located closest to the edge of the receiver, and signal is near the channel numbers.
Don't power up the receiver with red & black in the wrong place, it will let the "smoke" out of your servos. They don't work without smoke.
Also, if you do swap the leads in any servos, mark them somehow so you don't forget they are swapped. Ask me how I know this.