Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How do I make a y connector?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Frazzy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I make a y connector?

I need a y connector for my aileron servos and I live 150 miles from a hobby shop that has them. Can I make one? I need them to operate opposite directions. Can anybody tell me how to properly hook it up or send me to a website where there is information to do this? I did a small search but did not find what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for any help you guys can give.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:12 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What kind of radio. You can splice two aileron extentions, but if it were me, for the $5 you would spend on one and the $.37 to ship it to you, it would be well worth buying one. Do you have a computer radio? Plug a servo into ch 1 and another into ch 6 and let the transmitter couple them.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Frazzy
My Feedback: (1)

I should have posted I have a futaba radio system. I was figuring if I had to I could just put the like colors together and solder them, and then just put linkage on the other side of the output wheel. I would like to have the servos run opposite however, so I think??????? that if I would run red to black, black to red and white to white I would get this accomplished? I have just purchased a T6XAS futaba computer radio. My first one, and didn't even think about mixing channels. Guess I am just used to doing it the older.. ah make that pre computer days.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:18 AM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Originally posted by Frazzy
I should have posted I have a futaba radio system. I was figuring if I had to I could just put the like colors together and solder them, and then just put linkage on the other side of the output wheel. I would like to have the servos run opposite however, so I think??????? that if I would run red to black, black to red and white to white I would get this accomplished? I have just purchased a T6XAS futaba computer radio. My first one, and didn't even think about mixing channels. Guess I am just used to doing it the older.. ah make that pre computer days.
DO NOT INTERNCHANGE COLORS. Red on black and black on red will blow something. You can only do this on a motor only but here you have electronics.

To make a Y simply connect all the same color together.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:10 AM
Lynx

Red on White will toast receiver channels.
You can make all the Y's you want by splicing multiple wires off of a single connector, but be warned, you lose signal quality and this can make the servo's behave badly. It's EXTRMELY important that you solder whenever possible rather than crimp with Y connectors cleaner connection. And if your servo's don't have a reversing switch on them you can use a 'dumb cable' to Y like you want.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:59 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Would be easier to make the radio do it. Then if the surfaces don't move exactly the same, you can fix that electronicly.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Tippie

Contact Dave at: www.radicalrc.com He stocks 'y' connectors for all the various radio mfgrs and charges only $2.00 shipping.