Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 No Trainee

Old 06-27-2007, 07:37 AM
bgold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 No Trainee

I just bought a new DX-7 and have put it in a Cub to test. I did a little bit of programing and tried to figure out how the Spectrum works, I'm use to a 9C Futaba.

The first problem is The transmitter screen is flashing "No Trainee" how do I get rid of that?

Second I would like to have a 3 position switch ( be normal in up, Idle down in middle and throttle cut at down position.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:38 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: DX7 No Trainee

can't help you with the trainee deal... but may I suggest that you do not put the low idle and throttle cut on the same switch...

it is too easy to accidently push the switch too far and cut the engine while still flying....
just a suggestion
Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to attach a buddy box since you have the trainer function enabled... To disable the trainer function look in the manual. It's a setting in the system settings -- the settings you see after holding down the buttons and powering on the Tx...
Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Concerning the "No Trainee" message, it occurs when you have enabled the Trainer function in the System mode and don't have a trainer cable attached. Simply disable the Trainer function in the System mode to get rid of the message.

Allan
Old 06-28-2007, 10:30 PM
bgold

ORIGINAL: exeter_acres

can't help you with the trainee deal... but may I suggest that you do not put the low idle and throttle cut on the same switch...

it is too easy to accidently push the switch too far and cut the engine while still flying....
just a suggestion
Been flying that way on a 9C for a 3 years, hasn't been a problem

Thanks I got rid of the no trainee
Old 06-28-2007, 11:15 PM
jschenck
My Feedback: (23)

turn on the TX while holding the left rocker down and the select button. Navigate to the trainer menu and change it to disable. This is from memory but the procedure is pretty close to that.