Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

MPX mc3030 vs. Royal evo 9

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 08:53 PM
frank_albrecht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPX mc3030 vs. Royal evo 9

I am about to decide between mc3030 and RE, but I am i little bit confused about the mixing capabilities of the RE.
The most complex models I fly are sailplanes with up to 6 wing servos. (Aileron, Flaps, Spoilers)
My question is: Are there any restrictions by using the RE in this kind of models in comparison to the mc3030?

I would prefer the RE because of its synthesizer and the more ergonomic design, but anyway, I wouldn't mind the more difficult programming of the 3030, if it had an advantage to me.

Thanks, Frank
Old 03-08-2003, 09:22 PM
StarskiPZ

Default Hi Frank

There's been quite a lot of info on that very question... you need to do a search...because I read it here on RCU.

I'm like you.. but I'll buy the evo when I've got the £$£$!

Enjoy the kit when you get it!
Old 03-08-2003, 09:29 PM
SDespot

I have a mc3030 and I think it's programming is not so difficult. You just have to get a grip at it and then you can fly any aircraft you want. RE has some mixing rules which could be a problem for your six servo wing. Look at earlyer posts by HarryC ("RE - what would you like ti know about it").
Old 03-08-2003, 09:49 PM
StarskiPZ

Hi

Yep the 3030 is tops for ultimate mixing, nothing else comes close.

The Evo is different, ....and with frequency synthesis option.

Hmmm... a difficult choice as the 3030 can be had for a snip now!
Old 03-08-2003, 10:20 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: MPX mc3030 vs. Royal evo 9

Originally posted by frank_albrecht
The most complex models I fly are sailplanes with up to 6 wing servos. (Aileron, Flaps, Spoilers)
My question is: Are there any restrictions by using the RE in this kind of models in comparison to the mc3030?
No restrictions that I could find for that set up. They have one significant difference in the mixer structure which makes the RE easier to adjust groups of servos such as all flaps at once whereas the 3030 needs each servo to be adjusted individually. In return, that is the 3030's ultimate advantage over the RE as it gives you total control whereas the RE can only do what the software designer allowed for. The two mixes I could not get to operate on the RE are not mixes you will want to use, (they are mixes for power aerobatics) and the RE's Digi-Adjustment of all flap or all spoiler servos together will particularly suit you getting the model set up in flight, especially as the 2 DA's will let you adjust the flaps and the spoilers in one flight. The 3030's DA working on just one servo instead of a group of servos can't cope with in-flight adjustments in these multi servo environments. There are some other tweaks I can do with a 3030 that can't be done in the RE, like retract and door sequencing, but these are less likely to bother you with gliders.

To do your aileron, flap and spoiler mixes, and probably mix back to elevator for trimming, you would use one mixer in the 3030 and 4 mixers in the RE.

But when will Mpx learn that short sticks for thumbs-on-top users can not be smooth topped?!! If you are finger and thumb flier the RE comes with the long sticks with buttons for you to install yourself.

Harry
Old 03-09-2003, 07:55 AM
frank_albrecht

Thanks to Harry,

of course I read your earlier thread on this problem, but I could't believe that the RE is less flexible than the 3030. I think, I finally understood, that RE and 3030 are totally different, and so it is difficult to compare.
Looking forward to the mc3030evo, I think the RE will better meet my requirements (synthesizer, ergonomics), even though I don't like to be restricted in programming, I will hardly get to the limits of the RE.

Frank
Old 03-09-2003, 08:22 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I remain convinced that the RE will do the 2 mixes I want but can't get to work, and that the problem is that Mpx is hiding the full potential from users rather than the RE has limits. After all, the manual has no mention at all of the difference it makes to the mixer output on multi-servo applications if you include or exclude rudder trim but it has a vital effect on the output. What Mpx needs is a decent PR department like Hitec USA. Oh, it has now, should be an unbeatable combination!

Harry