Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

JR X9303 throttle servo stops working when switched to normal mode...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR X9303 throttle servo stops working when switched to normal mode...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:29 PM
dnman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR X9303 throttle servo stops working when switched to normal mode...

I have a JR x9303 heli radio,I fly it on a raptor 30 v2 with an OS 37 engine , JR 921 receiver with extra remote, spektrum flight log...sometimes the radio seems to get "stuck" in throttle hold.(After the radio is in throttle hold ,I switch back to normal and the throttle servo will not move). Example: I fly heli in ST1 do tricks ,FFF,then switch to normal mode for landing,I land ,then hit throttle hold while I am walking to heli to shut it off, now I lower throttle trim and put throttle lever to idle and switch to normal mode ...expecting engine to shut off ... But...now in normal mode the throttle will not respond at all...it says its in normal on the screen but the throttle does not move?I check the battery pack 6.2 volts ,I check the antenna performance on flight log ...it is Perfect. It does this 3 out of ten times when Im flying ,but on the bench it always seems to work fine...This happens with no governor installed...Any ideas? Thanks...
Old 08-23-2008, 04:56 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: JR X9303 seems like it stays in throttle hold 3 out of 10 times?

Sounds like a bad throttle servo or connection.

Quick check, when it does it, flip to the servo monitor screen and see if the bar is moving and the servo isn't.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:20 PM
dnman

Ya you know I just figured that out...Ill bet the throttle servo is getting a workout while flying and when it goes into hold its hot and resting ,when it goes back to normal it doesnt move,Ill bet if you touched it while working the stick it would start working again...makes sense that it never does it on the bench,its not hot enough...I have ruled out loose connections...Im sure thats it,time to rip me out a servo...Case closed...thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 08:41 PM
dnman

I put a new servo in the Heli and it worked great...Thanks !
Old 08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: JR X9303 throttle servo stops working when switched to normal mode...

ORIGINAL: dnman

...I check the battery pack 6.2 volts....

What kind of servo is it? Perhaps your answer is right here.... I had similar results with an 810T servo installed on the throttle of one of my bigger helis running regulated 6 v.

Rafael