Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

FAAST is not standard, products already not supported

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FAAST is not standard, products already not supported

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:23 PM
cjshaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAAST is not standard, products already not supported

My previous post on this topic seems to have dissapeared. There is no offensive language nor insults contained below.

It appeared that I would be able to control all of my airplanes using the FM and FAAST modules in my Futaba Super
9C. I was all set to order the Futaba FAAST module for my Super 9C, when I learned that the module will *NOT*
support my three R606FS FAAST receivers that work with my Futaba 6EX w/2.4GHz FASST. Those receivers are
already orphaned by the FAAST modules for the Super 9C. If I had known that in advance, I would not have
purchased them.

For more information about this lack of support, see:

http://2.4gigahertz.com/modules/modules-receivers.html

And also see:

http://2.4gigahertz.com/faq/faq-6ex-2_4ghz-q902.html

In short, FAAST is *NOT* FAAST. Unlike Spektrum, which at least has different names for the two versions of their
system, DSM1 and DSM2, so you at least know that there are two versions, Futaba marketing misleads you into
thinking that there is one FAAST system. From what I read, Spektrum DSM2 transmitters are backwards compatible
with older DSM1 receivers. In contrast, older Futaba FAAST receivers are already being left behind by the FAAST
modules for the Super 9C.

At this point, I'm feeling like a fool for purchasing Futaba's 6 channel FAAST system and two extra receivers. I am
looking forward to hearing some useful information back from Futaba in response.

Chris Shaker
Old 07-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Michaelh
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: FAAST is not standard, products already not supported

Dont feel like a fool,trade those things in or sell them and get the 607fs's Seems the 606's are limited to the 6ex and the 12's and 14's
Heck at least there still supporting the 9z with the FAAST system.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:17 PM
cahusker
My Feedback: (50)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cjshaker

My previous post on this topic seems to have dissapeared. There is no offensive language nor insults contained below.

It appeared that I would be able to control all of my airplanes using the FM and FAAST modules in my Futaba Super
9C. I was all set to order the Futaba FAAST module for my Super 9C, when I learned that the module will *NOT*
support my three R606FS FAAST receivers that work with my Futaba 6EX w/2.4GHz FASST. Those receivers are
already orphaned by the FAAST modules for the Super 9C. If I had known that in advance, I would not have
purchased them.

For more information about this lack of support, see:

http://2.4gigahertz.com/modules/modules-receivers.html

And also see:

http://2.4gigahertz.com/faq/faq-6ex-2_4ghz-q902.html

In short, FAAST is *NOT* FAAST. Unlike Spektrum, which at least has different names for the two versions of their
system, DSM1 and DSM2, so you at least know that there are two versions, Futaba marketing misleads you into
thinking that there is one FAAST system. From what I read, Spektrum DSM2 transmitters are backwards compatible
with older DSM1 receivers. In contrast, older Futaba FAAST receivers are already being left behind by the FAAST
modules for the Super 9C.

At this point, I'm feeling like a fool for purchasing Futaba's 6 channel FAAST system and two extra receivers. I am
looking forward to hearing some useful information back from Futaba in response.

Chris Shaker
If you look at the Futaba 7C 2.4 gigahertz information it notes that it will work with the 606 Rx http://2.4gigahertz.com/systems/futk7000.html , it seems to me this may indicate that the others might also work this Rx. It is puzzling why Futaba hasn't clarified this situation since it is causing many of us grief about what we have bought and what we expected.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:10 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, I find it odd that that receiver works with a 6, 12 and 14 channel but not a 7, 8 or 9 channel.

I agree that, if there are two implementations they should be spelled out, as Spektrum has done.

This is one reason I am not considering Futaba when I upgrade. I don't trust their marketing material. It places too much burden on me to figure out what works and what does not. XPS and Spektrum don't present this problem.

I love my 9C but it is not going to get a Futaba module.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:58 PM
DCGayhart
My Feedback: (22)

Futaba is famous for rushing products to market then making them obsolete in six month with an improved version. Remember the 8SGA? How about the early 9c crash-master and the latest G3 5014 RX, lets cut the antenna off to solve your problems!

I’m personally going to wait until the next-gen DSS radios hit the market before I risk another high dollar airplane.