Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Old Hitec Focus 6

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 04:28 PM
RC Smasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Hitec Focus 6

I've got an old Hitec Focus 6 and need to know what receiver I can buy to use with it. I plan on using it in a simple park flyer, nothing spectacular but would like the ability to use all channels if possible. Preferably a micro RX to use with micro servos. Also, how do I determine what frequency it operates on as there is no crystal and no other markings/writing to go by. Check out the picture, hopefully someone out there can identify it. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18328.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	727062  
Old 07-20-2007, 04:59 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Old Hitec Focus 6

ORIGINAL: RC Smasher I've got an old Hitec Focus 6 and need to know what receiver I can buy to use with it. I plan on using it in a simple park flyer, nothing spectacular but would like the ability to use all channels if possible. Preferably a micro RX to use with micro servos. Also, how do I determine what frequency it operates on as there is no crystal and no other markings/writing to go by. Check out the picture, hopefully someone out there can identify it. Thanks.
Should be a metallic label with frequency band afixed top center rear of the case. Otherwise which country did you purchase it in? Focus 6 were sold on frequencies permitted for use in each separate country e.g. USA 72 mHz, Australia 36 mHz, NZ 40 mHz as well as some on 35,36, & 72 mHz which makes for an interesting choice. Does any one nearby have another Hitec FM TX from which you can borrow their TX crystal and try with one of their PPM receivers? Should operate and range check at least 75 feet with aerial down with correct frequency.
You may also find one of the above numbers noted on either side of the circuit board.
All current PPM (FM ) url=http://www.hitecrcd.com/receivers/list]Hitec receivers[/url] will work with that TX.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 07-23-2007, 06:19 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Old Hitec Focus 6

If you are in a remote location and equipment is expensive or impossible to get, it might be worth using that transmitter. But since you have no info on it and can't even determin its frequency and channel it might be better to buy a new one.

in a package, you can get a 3 channel or 4 channel radio for free.