Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Reciever Crystals

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:45 PM
piercemartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reciever Crystals

Hi,

I have two futaba 4ch recievers and only certain channels will work on them. One is a highband reciever and the other is a lowband. The only channel that works is 21 on both of them. I have tried 57 and 15 also. I would like to change to one of these other channels so we can fly two planes at once. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 07-21-2007, 09:56 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reciever Crystals

You may be trying the wrong TYPE of crystals. There is a difference between single conversion and dual conversion crystals. They will not interchange. Also should not mix crystals between different radio brands.
I don't know if you are guilty of either of these "sins" but you didn't rule out the chance either.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:08 AM
piercemartin

That is probably the problem. The crystals do not say whether or not they are single or dual conversion. Is there anyway to tell?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:33 PM
bruce88123

Crystals are not expensive. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXBFK8**&P=SM

What models of RX do you have? We don't even know yet if you need a single or dual conversion crystal.

DO NOT change your TX crystals but get with a friend and try his RX crystals in your RX (using his TX of course).

Alternative - if you have both a single conversion RX and a dual conversion RX laying about. Try the crystal in each and see which one it works in, if either.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:44 PM
piercemartin

Thanks for your help. We determined the receivers are both single conversion. Single conversion crystals are hard to find at tower hobbies and must be bought as a tx rx set. So we did that even though we have the optic 6 tx.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:53 PM
bruce88123

What model RX's do you have?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:53 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Futaba crystals usually have a number on them that identifies the model. It's usually something like 72-11 or some other numbers. What's on your crystals?