Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

flaps

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:42 PM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flaps

barracuda....i hope this is the place .............................. i have ailerons on a y, plugged into ch 1. flaps on a y plugged into ch 6 (7cap radio).would like to use 3 position switch on right to set flaps to off, 1/2 down , full down. cant seem to get switch to do this
Old 07-28-2007, 05:35 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: flaps

Goto AuxCh and assign channel 6 to the switch you want to use.

With the switch in the center, setup your linkage so the flaps are at half or whatever you want that middle position to be.

Then set each end point on channel 6 for fully up and fully deployed. If you dont like the way the switch is going, reverse the channel.

I'd crank the atvs down each way as low as they will go so you dont bind anything then with the flap hooked up increase each end point till you get the positions you want.

If your servos are setup right mechanically they will both move up and down together. If they didnt account for that in the design you will need a reversing Y harness.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:32 PM
laryboy

OK .THAKS FOR THE REPLY. I SEE WHAT YOUR DOING. YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE CH 6 THINK THAT THE SWITCH IS A CONTOL STICK IN NEUTRAL AND THEN SET 2 END POINTS. I DONT HAVE AN AUX CH ON MY RADIO BUT I DO HAVE PMIX. SO I SET MASTER TO CH6 SLAVE TO CH 6 AND SWITCH CHOICE TO SW-G. DIDNT WORK. WHEN I WENT CH 6 END POINT IT DID NOT SEE ANY MOVEMENT OF THE SWITCH
Old 07-28-2007, 06:40 PM
BarracudaHockey

Ok....6 isnt assignable in the 7c.

Can you move them to channel 7? If so go into the PARAMETER menu and assign channel 7 to switch G (i think thats the 3 pos switch on the A version)

You could also use 5 if you dont have retracts.

I guess 6 defaults to the dial.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:32 PM
laryboy

THE MANUAL IS USELESS AND HARDLY MENTIONS FLAPS EXCEPT AS FLAPERONS. I CAN ASSIGN CH 6 AS A MIX FUNCTION TO SW G BUT IT STILL ONLY ACTS AS A 2POS SW. THANKS FOR YOU HELP. I DID GET SOME HELP FROM A MEMBER OF MY CLUB. HE SAYS HE DID IT BUT DOESNT REMEMBER HOW........................HA HA .
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 AM
BarracudaHockey

If you have a 7 or 8 channel reciver just plug it into that channel and you're there.