Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Futaba 2.4 Receiver Antennas - Length ? Positioning ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 2.4 Receiver Antennas - Length ? Positioning ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 12:58 PM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 2.4 Receiver Antennas - Length ? Positioning ?

As I continue to drive myself crazy on deciding which 2.4 system to purchase, I have a question about the Futaba 2.4 receiver antenna wires..... How long are they (it is hard to tell by the pics I have seen), and, are there any positioning requirements .... i.e. ... 90 degrees to each other ? opposite direction to each other ? Thanks. Bob
Old 07-20-2007, 01:27 PM
bruce88123

Default RE: Futaba 2.4 Receiver Antennas - Length ? Positioning ?

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/6ex-2_4ghz-manual.pdf
Refer to pg 8, please note that only the uncovered portion is actual antenna and must be kept relatively straight. Minnflyer did a review of the 6EX system, try to locate that. It discussed the antennas somewhat.

Found it
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=841

Per MinnFlyer: Actual antennas are @1.5 inch long and at the end of @ 4 inch coax leads.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:07 AM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Bruce, Thank you very much for the information/links. Bob

Old 07-29-2007, 10:30 PM
F16FxR4real
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought one of the 6EX and how does it work if I wanted another receiver for another aircraft? I read the section in the instructions for "link procedure" and I guess I need to do it EACH time I use a different model?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:59 AM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

You only link the receiver ONCE to the Transmitter. You only have to re-link if you change transmitters. I have six receivers and when I get the module for my 12Z I will have to re-link each receiver to the 12Z once.

Dan
Old 07-30-2007, 08:24 PM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BalsaBob: I have installed Futaba 2.4G receivers in four planes ranging from 46 size to giant scale. Each went in a little differently because of the fuse size, existing servos, etc. I did not work too hard at the installations. As a matter of fact, after a couple of installations, I began to see other ways to mount the antennas that were not obvious at first. I have not had a problem with any of the installations.

Just an addition to dant-RCU's note:

Once you have linked a receiver to a transmitter, you can move the receiver from one plane to another without re-linking as long as you use the same transmitter.

Brian
Old 07-31-2007, 08:30 AM
d_wheel

ORIGINAL: BalsaBob

As I continue to drive myself crazy on deciding which 2.4 system to purchase, I have a question about the Futaba 2.4 receiver antenna wires..... How long are they (it is hard to tell by the pics I have seen), and, are there any positioning requirements .... i.e. ... 90 degrees to each other ? opposite direction to each other ? Thanks. Bob
The only "requirement" is that you use the same anti-vibration technique used with any other receiver, and that you don't bend the antenna cable to tightly. Large curves are required so that the cable does not crease. It is recommended that you place the antennas as far apart as possible and at 90 degrees to each other. Haven't measured mine, but I think the antennas/cables are about 5 inches long.

I have used all 3 manufacturers systems, and found that the Futaba is the easiest to install as the receiver itself does not have to be in any special place. The antennas are easily routed to optimum locations and simply held in place with masking tape. Both of the other systems require you to mount the receiver in a place that is not "shaded" by large metallic objects. The Spektrum satellite receiver then must also be mounted in an unshaded location using foam rubber or other anti-vibration mounting techniques.

All 3 systems work well so you will most likely be pleased with which ever you choose.

Later;

D.W.