Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Xtremelink

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:32 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Xtremelink

My failsafe was set incorrectly on the turbine. But I don't see any way that could have caused the crash. I still believe it to be xps related.

Added: This is interesting. We now know that it wasn't a battery/power issue because the turbine did not shut down threw all of the snaps. Jim said that if the receiver would have reset the ecu would have read the reset as loss of signal and shut down.. In the vid you can still hear the turbine running after it leaves the frame
Old 10-19-2007, 10:18 AM
IShootSharpStix
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon I am not an XPS owner, nor do I currently own any other 2.4 equipment. However, I am actively trying to decide which 2.4 system to go with. As such, your posts are of great interest to me. The value of customer service should always be an element of the purchase decision criteria.
Having experienced a radio related failure that lead to a loss myself, I am curious as to the level of support you have received from Futaba, JR, Hitec etc in loss circumstances similar to what you have just experienced with your XPS system? I am trying to understand your expectation.
In my case with one of the previously mentioned big 3, no one offered to pay for the loss of the model and/or installed equipment caused by an admittedly defective part in their receiver. Trust me I know how painful this is.... They did however diagnose the problem and replace the defective part at their expense because it was under warranty.
In a crash situation, I have never heard of one of the big 3 assuming financial responsibility for anything other than a failing part - assuming it was under warranty of course. As such, I think it is unrealistic to expect XPS to cover any part of the loss. However, I would expect them to diagnose the system and if found to be defective and still under warranty, to restore it to proper working condition.
If you are saying that XPS does not honor their advertised "lifetime" warranty that is a whole different issue. Have you followed the procedure outlined on their website for returning equipment for service?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Anyone tried to access the XPS vendor forum on RC Groups lately ? I keep getting an error message that the website is unavailable
Old 10-19-2007, 04:45 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems fine, if you mean the XPS section of threads. No problem here.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Josey Wales

Huh...cant even get the main site to load
Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Josey Wales

Well Im at a loss--thats the only site that wont load--tried using IE and Firefox--worked fine a few days ago[&o]
Old 10-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Working well from this side of the pond.... even though I wonder why I bother entering JD's domain..... If I wanted false information I would watch a politician on TV.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Josey Wales

Thanks...not sure what the deal is--everything else works fine except that site---
Old 10-19-2007, 10:40 PM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Thanks...not sure what the deal is--everything else works fine except that site---
"You don't know what you're talking about -- it must be your installation, we have thousands/millions of people using it without any problem" -- to paraphrase JD when an XPS system goes down :-)

Sorry -- I couldn't resist that one. I just wanted to get in before the anti-JD crowd beat me to it.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:50 PM
Josey Wales

HA HA!!

I just dont get it--tried everything--even looking up the ip address and still cant load the site[:@]
Old 10-20-2007, 12:54 AM
4*60

Your ISp has blocked some IP addresses for some reason??? Check with them(like call centres will give you an answer...Yuk Yuk!)
Old 10-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Flyfast1
My Feedback: (1)

Jon,

Can you re-post the flight video--when I select the link a message is displayed saying that the video has been removed by the user.

In the other videos showing the servos moving, is the XPS receiver being used? Does it continue to work fine after the crash?

-Ed B.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

I think this is the one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2HxRNgkjpQ
Old 03-09-2008, 05:49 PM
cutter-nj

For all the people that are happy with the Xtremelink, I have a brand new Futaba TX module and two 8 chan receivers for sale. I lost two planes using this system at my field, both occurred at a similar location of my field. I send the system back to have check out, they send me back all new components and no explanation. I do not know if I had defective merchandise or just poor system, in any event I am not willing to risk my models again. If any body is interested please make me an offer for all three components.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:51 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a futaba module, 10 channel and 6 channel receiver for sale as well....
Old 03-10-2008, 10:14 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

I have two TX modules and four receivers. I plan to continue using them as I do not fly in a conjested area. But if I were starting over I would buy something else.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

I will say this, If I had know the type of service you get from Xtremelink I would not have bought my system. I have ordered parts I needed twice from them and don't expect anything for 6 to 8 weeks.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Patto

When I ordered my module and receivers, they arrived in about five days...
Old 04-04-2008, 11:27 AM
jimcork1

ORIGINAL: P-Diddy

When I ordered my module and receivers, they arrived in about five days...

That is what I experienced also. However I did have some operator issues with the link up. I got both green lights and apparently the tx and rec did link. However no servos would move so I assumed I did not so something correct. SO I installed the rf in another tx and got the same results. Only did I accidently did I find that I have to turn off the linked rf/rec and turn both back on with rec first then tx. to get link and servos to move. So now once the link is complete I always turn the rec on wait 10 sec then turn the tx on. I always get a link and it has worked reliable with no issues in my test dog of a bird. However I did try to contact the mfg for help. I was not impressed with the answer. "read the instructions". This was somewhat an arrogant (in my opionion) for a new customer. The instructions did say to turn the system off. But this was not stated as a requirment to have the system function, mearly indicated turn off when completed.

Remember quality of product and service is as preceived by the customer, not the mfg. There are some who are satisifed with this answer and those who are not. If a supplier choses not to have phone support, that is their choice but don't expect everyone to like it. Remember unsatisfied customers just switch suppliers. So as long as your business can stand the loss off sales, continue, don't worry be happy.

But if you truly want to expand you must consider how you deal with your customers. I think most R/C ers' expect good service,, then if they don't get it they switch.

I am a bit concerned on the XPS s and all 2.4 GHZ systems given this months Model Aviation comments about jammers for 2.4 G.

Given concerns for jamming,, lack of communication for simple answers,, I still have 13 birds on 72 mhz and 2 on 2.4. So my verdict is still out. I am still flying the xps system and will evaluate based on how the system performs and if it is so solid that I never need to call, so be it I might continue.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM
4*60

Definitely not a good response but at least now the documentation states that you must restart the equipment. Perhaps they will learn. I have had great results with Eclipse 7, Futaba 9c and XPS including the 6 channel park flyer receivers.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
jimcork1

AT least it is good to know the equipment does work.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
chrisF test pilot

I am a bit concerned on the XPS s and all 2.4 GHZ systems given this months Model Aviation comments about jammers for 2.4 G.
Where was that? I usually only flip through it and dont recall seeing it.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:01 AM
jimcork1

Model Aviation April 2008

PG 98 Center column starting with bold Several Members
Old 04-09-2008, 06:36 PM
onewasp

Come on guys-----with 72 and six all it took was a VERY legal Tx on the same Freq.

If someone wants to go out of their way to nail you----they will.
We are SUCH a small user on a national or world basis that ------ well you can fill it in.
A shot gun with a modified choke might raise hell too. Lots of those out there--------

Sells magazines though: also creates posts

Signed,

Chicken Little Sr.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:14 PM
jimcork1

ORIGINAL: onewasp

Come on guys-----with 72 and six all it took was a VERY legal Tx on the same Freq.

Correct but I thought the extra bucks on 2.4 were to have the frequency hopping so this would not happen. So what is the advantage of 2.4 if 72 will do the same for less.

But,, I have 2 2.4 systems and they do work well. XPS 8 and 10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.