Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

A Little Range Check Help.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:19 AM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A Little Range Check Help.

I have a 9C radio with R129 PCM receiver and was trying to start and fly my Fokker for the first time. Hit a range check problem I'd never seen before. Walk 40 feet from the plane and lost all controls with the antenna down. To make a long story short. We checked everything, tried two different radios, tried with engine on and off. No help.

This has got to be a bad receiver. Only thing is, I just got the receiver back from being all checked out by Futaba. I am trying a new receiver; but has anyone experienced this before. Can you have a receiver that checks out fine at the factory, but has no range at the field? Comments?
Old 08-18-2007, 03:39 PM
A.T.

Default RE: A Little Range Check Help.

ORIGINAL: splais I have a 9C radio with R129 PCM receiver and was trying to start and fly my Fokker for the first time. Hit a range check problem I'd never seen before. Walk 40 feet from the plane and lost all controls with the antenna down. To make a long story short. We checked everything, tried two different radios, tried with engine on and off. No help.
This has got to be a bad receiver. Only thing is, I just got the receiver back from being all checked out by Futaba. I am trying a new receiver; but has anyone experienced this before. Can you have a receiver that checks out fine at the factory, but has no range at the field? Comments?
Rarely a faulty receiver. Have seen many new models with bad range issues including one which required a total recover due to the type of material used.
Suggest you refer to "Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" on my web page, sub sections:
"Range check and Range problem solving"
"Antenna - Rubber Duckie, Micro & Whip Flywire - replace long aerials with loaded base antenna"
"Receiver - FAQ, guides and aids to best reception.."
"Glitches & Jitter in RX & Servo - causes and cures "
and the other associated sections such as "Transmitter - FAQ - Additions, Adjustments, Clonepacs & Repairs."
Regards
Alan T.
[link=http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong/]Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links[/link]
Old 08-18-2007, 05:42 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: A Little Range Check Help.

Alan,

I will check your site out. but I did change the receiver and tried another R129 I had (only thing available) - problem fixed.

I don't know what it was and I can't tell which reciever was causing the problem; but one of the three receives I sent back to Futaba for checkout was because it was doing this very thing. Only thing I can figure is that even though they checked it out, they didn't find what was causing this particular problem and it should up again the minute I put it back in a plane.