Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

R9000 FAILSAFE SETTING

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Eric.Henderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R9000 FAILSAFE SETTING

Over the past few months I have installed eight different R7000 receivers in airplanes for friends. Finally I got to enjoy putting one in an airplane of my own.

My next experience was the installation of an R9000 receiver in my Great Planes Pitts Special. The TX being used was my Spektrum-converted JR10X which I now call my 10X24. With the R7000 I had no failsafe options other than the standard neutral and low throttle default settings. With the required FM (PPM) selected you lose your code 77 PCM failsafe programming options.

The R9000 has another/different option. You can actually choose your failsafe settings during the binding process. [BTW - You can do this with any current JR module style TX and the R9000-- and Spectrum converted Futaba radios]

Normally to bind you do the following;
- Plug in the bind plug.
- Switch on the RX.
- Press the bind button on the TX and switch on the TX.

To get failsafe settings other than the standard default the process is simple but slightly different;
- Plug in the bind plug.
- Switch on the RX.
- REMOVE the bind plug - it keeps on working (flashing) without the plug in place.
- SELECT your stick positions and hold them in place. I usually add a touch of up-elevator.
- Press the bind button on the TX and switch on the TX.

During the break-in process for the engine in my Pitts I did a range check to see what would happen. I set the engine running at around 1/3 throttle and went for a walk. The airplane was well restrained.

I was a “long” way away before the failsafe kicked in. The throttle went to idle and the elevator moved as was pre-set. ( I could hear teh engine changes but I had a friend tell me about the elevator because I was too far a way to see it move). I released the range test button and it all came back on-line.

I then tried switching off and on as I walked back. Same result. The re-connection took a few seconds and was faster as I got closer.

Plus the test flights went very well - A good day---Then, of course, it rained……!

Regards,

Eric.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53035.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	746248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87490.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	746249