Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba 6exap failing

Old 08-21-2007, 04:45 PM
bbike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 6exap failing

hey guys, I have a brand new 6exap that is failing range test, I have read all other threads but figured that I would ask again... With antenna down, I walk about 30 paces and I get horrible glitch, all control surfaces go crazy. I swapped both crystals and recievers to try to solve prob, still there. Is there anything I can do with the tx to help the issue? thanks
Old 08-21-2007, 06:06 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: futaba 6exap failing

Put the original TX crystal back in, the one the TX is tuned for and then use the RX that came with the system and it's original crystal. Make sure the TX is in the PCM mode if using a PCM RX. Leave the lowest section of the antenna extended and just collapse the upper part.
Check your RX antenna is extended and not running near metal pushrods.
Report back on the results.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:20 PM
bbike

still there, next im going to take every thing out of the plane, see if the plane some how is creating frequency. The pushrods for the plane are all carbon, though they are only 3 inches long each, who knows. Its the gp extra 330. runs with brushless. I know brushless creates frequency, but it even still I disconected it and the prob is still there.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:29 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could also be caused by just one bad servo inducing a problem. Unplug all of them and start with just one and if it's OK add more one at a time.

If it comes down to it, do you happen to know anyone with another TX you could try? Maybe even the LHS if it comes to that.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:31 PM
bbike

plugged in another servo out of the plane, the problem is still there. i guess im just going to have to send this one back any one know the turn around for hobby services?