Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

COMPUTER RADIO HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 05:51 PM
BECKERFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMPUTER RADIO HELP

I have futaba computer radio and i was just wondering if you unplug the battery from the radio will the radio lose its memory for example, i have a bigbir d and i charge the plane after every flight and i waant to charge the radio to but iam kinda worried that if i unplug the radio battery it will lose all the memory i have stored into that plane. will that happened
Old 03-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Phil Cole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COMPUTER RADIO HELP

All computer radios will retain their memory while you have the battery pack disconnected.

Some radios use memory chips that don't need power to retain their content, others use a lithium battery inside to power the memory chips. If you radio has the lithium battery, it will need to be changed every five years or so - the instructions should mention this.