Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 6EX 2.4 Ghz lost ID Code

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 03:54 AM
martinh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EX 2.4 Ghz lost ID Code

Hi Chaps

I left my 6EX Tx on and accidentally discharged it completely, Trickle charged it for two days and went flying.

No response from either of the two models I took, just flashing green on R606FS

Ok, I succesfully relinked both rx and flew

Now I got home and try my other model and I had to relink that as well !

So I must have lost my original Tx ID

so much for the "individually assigned unigue ID code"

What ID do I have now ????

Martin
Old 09-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Feric Jagger

Default RE: Futaba 6EX 2.4 Ghz lost ID Code

martinh

You should ask Danny on the spektrum product support forum: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_116/p_1/tmode_1/smode_1/tt.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_116/p_1/tmode_1/smode_1/tt.htm[/link]
Old 09-02-2007, 11:49 AM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Feric Jagger
You should ask Danny on the spektrum product support forum:
Since this is a Futaba transmitter I doubt Danny will be of much help... You could post in the Futaba Support forum and see what Bax and Krysta have to say...

Once you re-bound the receivers have they stayed bound? Since Futaba doesn't have the model match feature it is not as easy to tell if the receiver and transmitter exchange IDs (GUIDs) or if the receiver simply records the transmitters GUID...
Old 09-02-2007, 01:50 PM
martinh

ORIGINAL: GalenB

Since this is a Futaba transmitter I doubt Danny will be of much help... You could post in the Futaba Support forum and see what Bax and Krysta have to say...

Once you re-bound the receivers have they stayed bound? Since Futaba doesn't have the model match feature it is not as easy to tell if the receiver and transmitter exchange IDs (GUIDs) or if the receiver simply records the transmitters GUID...
They have stayed rebound, I think they only record the Tx GUID, I suspect they are now bound to a default GUID, not the one the TX was programmed with, if so where is the GUID stored it can't be with the TX's model settings EPROM as these were preserved, it must be on the RF board but you would think it would be burnt in permanantly.

Martin

Old 09-03-2007, 12:13 AM
Feric Jagger

ORIGINAL: GalenB

Since this is a Futaba transmitter I doubt Danny will be of much help...
Oops, my bad. For some reason I read "Futaba 6EX" as "Spektrum DX6". (And why are you limping along with a DX6 instead of a DX7.) Having just destroyed my toy helicopter by reversing the polarity of the motors into the speed controller, my mental state may have been adversely affected at the time of the posting: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6317774/tm.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6317774/tm.htm[/link]

Being new to the hobby I do not yet have a computer transmitter. I have been looking at the Spektrum transmitters (Danny says they are great, he's so helpful). It is my impression that the Futaba transmitters are better but more expensive. However, I have no basis for making a judgement. Is there anything wrong with the Spektrum transmitters? What would you recommend to someone who is not afraid to spend a stupidly large amount of money upgrading a $150 helicopter?

Stephen
Old 09-03-2007, 02:35 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

that you spend your money on a better helicopter first.

upgrading a 150.00 helicopter is wasting money that will not return, either in investment or a greatly improved 150.00 heli.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:13 PM
martinh

ORIGINAL: martinh

Hi Chaps

I left my 6EX Tx on and accidentally discharged it completely, Trickle charged it for two days and went flying.

No response from either of the two models I took, just flashing green on R606FS

Ok, I succesfully relinked both rx and flew

Now I got home and try my other model and I had to relink that as well !

So I must have lost my original Tx ID

so much for the "individually assigned unigue ID code"

What ID do I have now ????

Martin
I am now Flying FF9 with R607FS receivers everything is fine except that you can't tilt the Arial up 45% only down 45% or 90%

I picked up a new FS607 for a model originally on my 6EX Tx so I thought I would use this rx with the 6EX to save time setting up again on FF9/TM7 guess what I did not have to bind the new rx to the 6EX so my 6EX must be on the default GUID probably the factory test ID

I have tried 50 or so times to get through to Futaba Support in the UK now (Rpmax Enfield)

As far as I am concerned now the whole lot will probabley be referred to trading standards in the UK and the as though I have no flight problems the 6EX is definitely not on it's unique GUI and it also might be a matter for OFCOMM the RF regulator

Martin

Martin
Old 01-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Julez

Hi Martin!

Are you able to control the new RX with both Fasst radios without rebinding it to each?