Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

RD6000 switch charge plug

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 04:54 AM
rptrsn
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RD6000 switch charge plug

I noticed today that the new standard Airtronics switch that I installed the other day has three wires on the charge lead. All of my others have only two wires on them that match the charger leads. Also noticed that on my 2 wire leads if your switch is on the battery does not charge, but on this new one the charger light stays on regardless of switch setting. What is the difference between these as all my chargers only have 2 wires to the plug.

Thanks Ron
Old 03-18-2003, 05:51 AM
CP140

Really? Three wires? I assume you mean three wires for each of the three leads coming out of the switch? I just went downstairs and looked at mine... it has two wires in each of the three leads coming out of the switch... I wonder if you have a newer version of the switch harness?
Old 03-18-2003, 02:22 PM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

Yup newer version has 3 leads.....just ignore the third lead. Make sure the + and - (red, black) line up and no problem, Also the charger light will not go on if the leads are connected wrong
B-
Old 03-18-2003, 02:43 PM
rptrsn
My Feedback: (1)

There is a black, red and blue wire to the charge lead, Must be a newer type. I wonder what the third wire is for, must be so that you can plug something else into the charge lead.

Thanks Ron
Old 03-18-2003, 03:44 PM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

I think it is just a dead wire.
Old 03-18-2003, 08:38 PM
Lynx

You should check those connections with a multimeter. You may have it miswired, it could be an always on lead. An extra lead like that is almost never 'dead'
Old 03-19-2003, 07:25 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Default AIRTRONICS SWITCH HARNESS

What you have is a switch harness intended for use with systems that include a Direct Servo Controller (DSC). A special harness is used to connect the transmitter to the receiver through the charge connector and the servos can be adjusted or operated without putting out a signal, i.e., without the transmitter being on. It should work normally with other non-DSC systems.