Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

A question from a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Engadin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question from a newbie

Hi all!

I want to use a Hitec Mini HS-85 MG+ servo in a project not related with RC planes, but for industrial purposes. And I need to use an AC transformer in other to get it to work. Would you please help me with the right DC voltage and amperage needed? Thanks a lot indeed.

S! Engadin.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Bad_Daddy

Default RE: A question from a newbie

The servo runs on 4.5 - 6.0 Volts and needs approximately .75Amp to run. If stalled, I believe one servo can draw almost 3A before it burns out the windings.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Dr1Driver

Bad Daddy tells you true. However, you also need a signal in the white wire for the servo to turn. How do you plan to do that, may I ask?

Dr.1
Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Engadin Hi all! I want to use a Hitec Mini HS-85 MG+ servo in a project not related with RC planes, but for industrial purposes. And I need to use an AC transformer in other to get it to work. Would you please help me with the right DC voltage and amperage needed? Thanks a lot indeed. S! Engadin.
HS-85MG+ details.
Refer to "Servo - alterations, calculators, repairs, make an ESC or winch & FAQ" on my web page for more information and simple DIY servo drivers.
Regards
Alan T.
[url=http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~atong]Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ
Old 09-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Engadin

Thank you very much, bad daddy

Dr1Driver, I already have small circuitry [very small room] to move the arm from one side to another with two small potentiometers for both right and left side stop points. And for the timing, a Crouzet programmer. Many thanks too

A.T., very useful link. Thanks a lot.