Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Y Harness wont work with five cell pack

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 10:59 AM
RCMDLR-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y Harness wont work with five cell pack

Is it normal for a "Y" harness with a choke/amp, to act up with a five cell pack?
Throttle, rudder, ailerons, were all OK. Just the elevators on the "Y" with a choke were extremely erratic.
As soon as a regular four cell pack was substituted, elevator servos went back to normal.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:17 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What brand radio are you using? JR's seem to be sensitive to 6v packs. A regulator or dropping back to 4.8v's will take care of the problem.

John
Old 03-21-2003, 09:34 PM
RCMDLR-RCU

Default BINGO!

Brand "J" Y harness... planning to remove the choke portion this eve when time allows.

Thanks...
Old 03-21-2003, 09:39 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What brand servos and receiver are you using? JR? If so, I believe you are going to continue to see the problem.

John
Old 03-22-2003, 12:45 AM
Harvard

Default 5 cell pack

Hi

I was also having problems With flap servos with a Hitec flash 5 radio with Super Slim receiver. Was using a Y on channel 5 of the receiver output. I tried different Y's, servos and was going to give up and then tried a Futaba receiver and no more problems. Don't know why, but it works.

Harvard
Old 03-22-2003, 01:26 AM
RCMDLR-RCU

Thanks everyone for the input.

In the application at hand, there is a diverse mix of "brands" involved for each task required.
My particular experience over the years has been met with very good success regardless of manufacturer( J, F, or H.), provided the obvious "common sense" is applied when necessary.

This instance is the first time that a five cell pack has caused some concern, simply because of the choice of "Y" harness.

At this time, the choke has been removed and as anticipated, all is back to normal, so it seems that JWN is correct about that particular device being sensitive to 6v packs.

A small lesson learned, lets hope it helps someone else also.