Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

receiver antenna

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 09:56 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default receiver antenna

can i leave my receiver antenna inside the model or should i put it on the outside? does it matter? straight line, curved? what's the input and experiences with that.

thanks
Old 02-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default receiver antenna

mostly i run my aerial down the fuz, out just behind the wing and up to the fin post, either that our right out the back. keeping your aerial inside the plane can be a problem if you have a crome type covering so i've heard, guess the film can reflect the radio waves, also on Diamond Dusts they say to la the aerial in a circle, but i've seen when the LE lines up with the aerial perfectly on a pass you can get glitching as the carbon blocks the signal!
the Idea is to have a L shape to get the aerial in 2 directions to give maxium signal pick up, if you run it in one, either down the wing or down the fuz, you run the risk of the wire pointing at you and thats the least area for the signal to hit.