Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

re-binding receiver to X mitter

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 03:54 PM
mofosheee
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re-binding receiver to X mitter

Could anybody please explain to me why is that when I power up my DX-7 transmitter and then turn on the receiver, the left and right ailerons slam to the stops (as if making a right bank) and then return to center after about 2 seconds. All other controls surfaces remain centered and unaffected.

My attmepts at re-binding are unsuccessful as I am unable to get the receiver to enter into the mode where the led on the receivers are blinking. Thank you.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:36 PM
alan0899

Default RE: re-binding receiver to X mitter

G'day Mate,
Binding is easy, plug the bind plug into the battery bind slot on the RX, you can use the charge lead from the switch or directly into the Battery/Bind slot, & use any other spare channel to power the RX.
Then turn the switch ON, & the lights should begin to flash, then hold the bind button, on the TX, in, & switch on the TX, continue to hold the bind button until the lights on the RX's go solid, & bingo, it is bound, or binded, or whatever, anyway it will work, turn the RX switch off & remove the bind plug, & enjoy.
Also, befor you bind, you will need to set the throttle stick to whatever point you want your failsafe to go to.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:55 PM
mofosheee
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks Alan........sometimes I'm so stupid. It worked exactly as you said and if I had READ the instructions (rather than blowing thru them) I would not have had to bother you. Thanks for your response! ****
Old 09-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Vinnie6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the binding process is. My only fear is having to bind at the field and tear into things to get to the receiver. So far I have not had that issue arise. I see the advantage of running a servo extension from the rx binding port to the side of the fuselage just in case.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:32 PM
alan0899

ORIGINAL: Vinnie6

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the binding process is. My only fear is having to bind at the field and tear into things to get to the receiver. So far I have not had that issue arise. I see the advantage of running a servo extension from the rx binding port to the side of the fuselage just in case.
G'day Vinnie
You don't have to tear into anything, use a 3 wire switch harness, as is supplied with JR & Spektrum radios, & plug the switch harness into the battery/ bind port of the RX, then put the bind plug into the charge lead of the switch harness, of course plug a battery into the switch harness as well. Easy.
You can use a charge socket that attaches to the side of the fuselage, & use it to charge & bind.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Redback

I've put Spektrum receivers into a couple of planes that only had 2 wires in the switch harness.

To get round this I just used a Y-lead (had a few kicking around) connected to the receiver battery socket. Switch plugs into one of the Y connectors leaving the other to be conveniently located for the bind plug.

Terry